Baby Showers

XP: Registering for diapers

So, a little Bump research has taught me that there isn't really such thing as a 'good' or a 'bad' brand of diaper, because it comes down to what your baby gets on with. All the same, there are so many out there that I'm open to any input about which brands to start off with.

Out of all my shower guests, two of them are mothers themselves. One of them has kids who are in their 20s, so I guess diapers have changed a lot since she used them, but the other has a 1 year old and 3 year old. Now, of course I am not 'expecting' diapers (or anything else for that matter) from them, but if I were to get diapers from them I'd like it to be a brand of their choice, that their kids got on with. I feel like if I register for diapers, they will assume that I've looked into that particular brand and I know it's what I want, and buy those; when in fact I'm absolutely clueless and would much rather they chose the brand. Then again, I also know that if I don't register for diapers it may look like I already have all the diapers I need, and I won't get that input.

I'm not trying to dictate what people get me. I know it's up to them to get me whatever they want to, if anything at all. I would just really appreciate their free choice, because I know they'll choose from experience. So, what do you advise, ladies? Register for diapers? Don't register for diapers? Register for several different brands?

Re: XP: Registering for diapers

• I would. Vary the sizes too!

I loved Pampers Swaddlers. I was so bummed when they grow out of them come size 2. I put him in cloth, but still loved those for when we were out and about or overnight. 

• I would just call or e-mail your friend with the 1 and 3 year old and ask her what brands she tried and what she preferred.  I wouldn't bother with the one who had kids 20 years ago since diapers have probably changed a lot since then. 

For me, I asked my best friend who has a 3 year old and a 7 month old and she suggested Pampers over Huggies, so that's what I registered for.  I didn't put a ton of thought into it.  If it turns out that I don't like them, I'll just return any unopened packages and buy something else.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedanieliza1127:

I would just call or e-mail your friend with the 1 and 3 year old and ask her what brands she tried and what she preferred.  I wouldn't bother with the one who had kids 20 years ago since diapers have probably changed a lot since then. 

This. If she's a friend, and you value her opinion, ask for it! Many people I know are pleased to let you know what did and didn't work for them (and often unsolicited).

Just let her know you're in the process of filling out your registry and could use her input on some items.

• I registered for diapers in all different sizes, and have received a lot of diapers, none of which were the branch I registered for, lol. I honestly don't care, and maybe those will be the ones we end up using for the long haul. Just an FYI though, if people want to get you diapers, I'm not sure they'll check the registry for the brand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"