Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Looking for a cheese recommendation...

Hi ladies, I'm new to this board as my son just turned 9 months on the 17th. I'm not on thebump.com that often simply because I'm busy. The doctor said it's ok for the baby to eat cheese now as a finger food. He has four teeth with two more on the way but I'm wondering what cheese is soft enough for him besides the mozzarella sticks?

What are you all giving your little ones? Thank you!!! 

Re: Looking for a cheese recommendation...

• Options
    i'm giving DS whole milk shredded mozzarella or shredded monterey jack (colby maybe?) idk it the orange and white 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    We started with shredded cheddar (thinking it would be easiest to "chew") but within two days switched to block cheese (colby) and just cut it thinly and in squares so that it would be easier for him to pick up. He can eat both within incident but the skinny chunks of cheese are much easier for him to pick up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! The colby cheese isn't too hard for him? 
  • Options
    C has had mozzarella, colby jack, and mild cheddar.  We buy the blocks and thinly slice it.  She loves it.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    At that age I shredded cheese for her. I bought big blocks and used the largest holes on my box grater because the larger shreds were easier for her to pick up than the tiny ones. Shredding it on my own also helped because the shreds stuck together a little instead of being all slippery from whatever they use to keep pre-shredded cheese from clumping.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Yogurt sliced cheese at Trader Joes. It is soft and my son takes to it very well...I just piece of bite sized portions.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We used all the cheese we can find!  String cheese is easiest to handle, but she loves sliced edam, swiss, and muenster and handles them great too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    you'd be surprised at what they can eat w/ only 4 teeth.  Any cheese is fine, I agree w/ others that the block cheese cut into strips is the best.

My DS has 5 teeth and eats pretzels...their gums are pretty hard!
    BKP__Levi's One Year_0032_CDBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagencarpenter2:
    Thanks ladies! The colby cheese isn't too hard for him? 

LO only has 2 teeth and does great with chopped colby.  He can't pick up the shreds well, but seems to like colby and cheddar better than the mozz string cheese.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like cheddar because it contrasts well with his tray so it is easier for him to see/pick up. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

My LO still has no teeth and eats like a champ.

If he hasn't had a lot of cheese, stick with milder ones at first. We're cheese lovers and I gave her a piece of aged cheddar once. That was a no go.

Gouda is the reigning fave in our house. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"