August 2012 Moms
Options

Every time I tell people my due date...

I've got a big bump. That's fine by me. I love it (when it's not itchy that is). I also know how big this bump is going to get (huuuuuuuge) because I'm carrying the same way as my first. Here's my frustration. People look at my (lovely!) bump, and ask me when my due date is. When I say early August, everyone (yes, everyone, no joke) says "Oh". As though they expected me to say "tomorrow". It's not just the word though, it's the way the word is said -as though I have the plague or something else that's catching. And because they don't actually say anything snarky, I can't be snarky back. Hence my vent here. (Thanks for listening)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Every time I tell people my due date...

• Options
    This happens to me every now and again. If it's a complete stranger, I lie and say "a few more weeks!" and just smile. Ughhhh 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If it help (sometimes peoples comments make me feel better), I was on the phone with a friend today who wasn't sure I was pregnant and she asked if I was and what my due date was, when I said August she said, "oh, you're reeeeally pregnant".

So we should have big bellies, we are quite far along!  I know that near the end we will be huge, and feel even bigger in the heat, but we are growing humans, bumps need to get bigger! 

image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im right there with you. They usually raise their eyebrows too. I've gotten a few 'Wow's too. Love it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic C 5.14.08 c 8.9.12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

This happened to me more in the beginning of this pregnancy, more than now. But I just got a weird look from my niece when she asked, "When are you due, again?" August..."REALLY??? Ohhhhhhhhhh...hmmmm...."

Ugh. Shut up. 

image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Right there with you. I get people guessing May or June. And lots of "wow"s. 

Although, I've been taking week-by-week bump pictures, and holy crap did I pop between last week and this week. :-/ 

• Options
    Me too!!! It tends to be very small and petite women who make the comments so maybe they just had tiny bumps.  I got tired of the reaction so now I just make a joke at my own expense by responding, "August 4 but I know it looks like it is May 4!" I'm happy with my big bump though.. I like to think my little girl just likes a big "womb" like her mommy. Wink She is 2 & 1/2 lbs now!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    See, I am very petite... That's why there's no place for this baby to go except out in front.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I have a big bump too and everyone seems shocked when I say I have 3.5 months to go. On Friday a customer saw me in the lobby of my office and she said "Are you due any day?" I said "No, I am due mid-August" She said, "Wow. Geez. That's going to be a big baby!!" Sometimes all you can do is nod and smile. Hahah.
  • Options
    people... work the bump!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I get it all the time as well. I am also short and baby's only room to grow is out, so I am going to gargantuan! LOL. I laugh when people react the way they do sometimes. I simply tell them, "apparently I grow big, healthy boys!"
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    People have no manners when it comes to pregnancy!  I have started saying, "I am almost 7 months pregnant and have a foot long human inside of my stomach.  Am I not supposed to show? I am exactly where I should be at this point in my pregnancy. "  That has people re-thinking their comment.  Why should I have to be the only one on the defensive?!!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Halloween Shopping
  • Options

imageDebra4love:
    People have no manners when it comes to pregnancy!  I have started saying, "I am almost 7 months pregnant and have a foot long human inside of my stomach.  Am I not supposed to show? I am exactly where I should be at this point in my pregnancy. "  That has people re-thinking their comment.  Why should I have to be the only one on the defensive?!!!!!!

I usually respond by saying that I'm 6 almost 7 months along as well.  I think people can visualize it better that way then hearing a date they THINK is far off when in reality it isn't. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I get this all the freaking time. Im measuring a few weeks ahead, so I really honestly do look pretty big. I went with my mom to pick out some paint for her living room, and the paint mixer asked me how far a long I was. I told him about 6 months, and he responded with "Well, Good gracious, girl. You're gonna be a biggun' arent ya?" Yeah, not funny, old man!
  • Options

imageTasheystar:
    See, I am very petite... That's why there's no place for this baby to go except out in front.

I totally feel your pain on this one. I ran marathons before I got PG, I was in pretty good shape. There is absolutely nowhere for me to hide this baby. It's starting to irritate me that people are saying, "WOW - you're SO BIG!" like I'm a whale or something. My fundal height was right on at my last visit, so the baby's gotta go somewhere!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yeah, i'd almost rather have the "oh" response.  I keep getting either "you're going to be huge!", "you're going to be miserable this summer!" or "are you absolutly sure it isn't twins?"... i'm 5'1" with only about an inch between the top of my hips and the bottom of my ribs...
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options
    I get the opposite and it still bothers me.  I'm 5'9" and have a longer torso so while I definitely have a baby bump, it's spread out pretty proportionately.  It bothers me when people don't realize I'm PG and then when I say I'm due August 1.  They're like "Really?  I thought you were like 3-4 months along."  I just hate having to tell people I'm PG.  I want my belly to speak for itself ;-)  Oh and I hate the summer comments too.  Yes, I live in FL and I realize it's going to suck and I'll probably be miserable come June and July but people don't need to keep reminding me.
  • Options
    Yup, I get this too.....and I hate the way they sort "sneak" a few more looks at my belly after I tell them that I'm not due until August.  You know, like maybe they mistook it for something else a minute ago when they looked! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"