Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Still eating every 2 hours!

DS will be 10 weeks tomorrow and he still eats every 2 hours-- He is breastfed (I pump during the day, he nurses at night) and I am so frustrated.  He will only take like 2 ounces or so but he eats every 2 hours throughout the day and wants to nurse every 2-3 hours at night.  We got a 6 hour stretch once.  ONCE!   Ugh... this Mama needs some shut eye. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Still eating every 2 hours!

• Options
    I hear you!  My DS will be 10 weeks on Saturday and I have the same thing going on here!  A couple times he went almost 4 hours but that's it.  I keep thinking it has to do with being born early and at a low birthweight but I don't know.  My pediatrician said to try and hold him off to stretch it out.  We tried this for 2 days and it was horrible.  I went back to feeding on demand and just going with it.  All babies are different right?!  But if someone has advice on this please let us know!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DS1 ate every 2-2.5 hours until he was about 4months old! It's rough, but it does get better, I promise!! It'll turn around. Does your LO take a paci? With DS2, my DH gives him a paci when he first starts waking up and that can usually stretch him another hour or so. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD#1 was BF and she ate every two hours until she was probably 4-ish months.
  • Options
    Same here - LO is eating every 2 hours. I always said I wanted to keep the pacifier out of the equation as much as possible but this past week I gave it to her and that's the only way to hold her off a little - maybe an hour or so. She's only 7 weeks so I don't mind feeding her every 2-3 hours but we need to start a routine for daycare which is coming up in just a couple weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

my Lo is 9 weeks.....talked to her pedi today about how mine wakes every 3 hrs at night...she said it is TOTALLY normal and that very few babies STTN at this age...

So....i guess we all will be walking zombies for a little longer ;)

• Options
    kkfeb04kkfeb04 member
    DS ate every 3 hours at night until he was a year old, he was BF'd.  At that time we just gave him sippy cups of water.  Even now he's still up at night more than she is.
    Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
  • Options
    Mine eats like... every hour. Except at night, it's 4-5 hours, or every 2 and a half.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"