Nurseries and Baby Gear

Soft structured baby carrier

My mom purchased a baby bjorn for us, but seems like no one on here is a fan.  So I'm looking for an alternative.  We won't be going on any long hikes or excursions with the baby - probably just be using the carrier for shorter walks and maybe when traveling in the city.  We'll need one that is comfortable for DH (6') and me (5') and that won't kill our shoulders or backs.  I also have a pacemaker, so something with great strap padding is ideal.

Any recommendations? TIA.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Soft structured baby carrier

• I am 5' 3" and DH is 6' and we can both comfortably wear our Ergo Sport. It has great strap padding also!
  • I've heard great things about Ergo, Beco, Pikkolo and Boba carriers.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love our Ergo Sport.  DS weighs 27 lbs. and it's still very comfortable.  The shoulder straps and waistband extend further than the original which makes it great for DHs.  My sister is 6' tall and she's used it with DS a few times.  She really likes it too and is planning to buy one when she gets KU.  Boba and Beco are good options too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• I like my Beco Gemini. I preferred it to the Ergo myself.

• We just got the regular ergo. I've tried several cheaper carriers and hated them all. This one is different...but I'm still not sold.

I'm 5'0 and I'm questioning if it's too much carrier? The straps are really padded---which is nice for comfort but also makes me feel like I'm wearing a blow up life jacket or something. Of the three Ergos (regular, sport, and performance) that I've looked at I ordered it because it got the strongest reviews. There's no stores near me that sell them so I ordered my current one online. I'm seriously thinking about trading it in on a sport or a performance. But nervous because they don't get as high reviews and DS is a chunky monkey so I don't want to give up the padding either.

So I guess I don't really have a "reccommendation" just thought I'd throw out my thoughts since we're the same height. I agree with all the posts about not liking the bjorn. I would also look for a carrier that does not cross in the back....I seemed to have the most pain from those in the past.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Beco Butterfly 2. Very comfortable for me at 5'4" and short-waisted as well as my husband who is 6'2". LOVE IT!

Be the change you wish to see in the world. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Love the Ergo Sport.
  • Another vote for the ergo sport!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"