3rd Trimester

Easily Irritable in last weeks, anyone else? (vent also)

So I had pre-term contractions last week that sent me to the hospital and ever since I have had excrutiating back pain / leg twitches / and general feeling of overall discomfort, and sometimes the pain is to the point I might vomit. 

It's making me feel definitely more irritable than I can be most of the time, which I somewhat feel bad for if I take it out on the people around me, but at the same time I think.. screw that, I am just less patient and overly pleasant when I am being annoyed. E.g  On saturday, DH wanted to go drive up to the border (2.5 hrs) to get our visas renewed (which have to be done before baby, and could have been done earlier, except he was lazy on getting the paperwork together months ago). I said fine we have no choice, lets go early am to get it over with. He ends up doing work, stupid things online and then adds in all these little side trips so we dont really leave the area til noon, and I am in the car from 11am til 7pm.. round trip, with about 30 mins of sitting waiting at the border in an office. Oh ya, we didn't have the chance to have lunch until 4pm. Good thing I brought a giant water bottle and tupperware of my own muffins to prevent all out sickness.Then we get back to town.. and buy a new car, because we're worried I'm going to deliver early and need to get these things taken care of asap.

Yesterday, we do random things. I really need a nap and a tylenol. So I try to nap.. every 20 mins DH gets bored and starts talking to me, or plays a loud video.. so I wake up in an instant. I go to our bed instead.. 20 mins later he says he wants to check on me, and naps for 15 mins then gets restless and tells me he wants me to help him with something. So I rant about how much pain I am in, and how I get up 3-4 times a night to pee and cant fall back asleep, I am dying, please leave me alone. I love him and he means well.. but just cant understand the level of minute by minute discomfort I feel in my own body.

Then we  go to a friends for dinner..told to be there at 8. Great. I buy a garlic bread loaf along the way cause I am craving extra carbs, and so freaking hungry because of such a late dinner time. Get there. Dinner isn't started, she's still fiddling with an appetizer which is just tomato slices and cheese, fine, thats good for the next 5 mins.. but why don't you SIMULTANEOUSLY have dinner cooking???? WHy? It's not hard to do 2 things at once. Somehow it takes her another 45 mins of prepping the tomato slices, and still no dinner started, so I get antsy and suggest I can help, turn the pans on and stir things.. no no.. must be done her way.. well.. we didn't eat until 9:45pm. OMG. And then I had the worst heartburn and back pain and ended up on all fours on the floor because I just had to deal with it. And she makes fun of me and wants to take a picture. Oh wow. thanks. I just told you I am doing this because courtesy is gone and I have so much pain I have no choice.. but I'm glad its entertaining you to say that I look stupid and should play with your cat because I'm on the floor. Geeze.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Easily Irritable in last weeks, anyone else? (vent also)

• Ugh-what misery!  While my physical pain isn't that bad, little one was riding high on Friday in my ribs.  I do training and development for my company but offered to take a co-worker's 6am shift in customer support so he could go on a trip.  The combination of the pushing on my ribs with the exhaustion from such an early shift (had to leave the house at 5) left me REALLY short on patience when on the phone.  I'm usually your perfect Disney princess with our clients, regardless of their issues.  But Friday?  I admit, I was a bit pressed to find my chipper side.  You're not alone!
  • I'm sorry but I had to chuckle a little about the cat comment Smile

Last night I had just fallen asleep (so nice and comfy for a change, it usually takes me an hour or more to fall asleep these days).  The room was completely dark, no TV on, just me and my kitty.

Then the door BURSTS open, the light flips on, and my DH is in the room and already talking to me.  It was 12:30 in the morning.  I jump, horizontally, about three feet, my heart is pounding, and LO (who was being good and not kicking me) gave me a nice sharp headbutt to the cervix. 

So of course I freak out on him, including tears and some swearing, and DH ends up spending the night on the couch.  It took me FOREVER to fall back asleep because I was so pissed, and because of the adrenaline.  I have no idea what DH was thinking, but it was so freakin' inconsiderate.  I think that would have been annoying without being pregnant, but I def overreacted.  But I am at the point that i just don't care.  So I feel ya!

And next time- bring a snack and make a big show about eating it lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • oh am i ever in this same boat, yesterday i guess i didnt get enough sleep because i woke up totally irritated for no reason, then it just kept building and building till i just went off for no reason, i was also very very very emotional but it was all taken care of with a nice long nap but it does seem like im getting more angry more quickly than usual, of course im at the point now that im kinda sick of being pregnant and wish baby would come on out lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"