February 2012 Moms
Options

Can't stop crying :(

This is my last week off with my little guy before I go back to work Monday. I have been a basket case all day... I barely want to put him down for a nap, I just want to hold him and hold him.  I am thankful my husband works 12 hour shifts so he will watch Reece 2 to 3 times a week and my brother-in-law's sister will watch him the other days... it doesn't matter who watches him... no one is as good as his own mommy if you know what I mean!

How are you ladies dealing with going back to work? This SUCKS!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can't stop crying :(

• Options
    I go back Monday, too.  This is my second and it's still really hard!  I know it will be OK, but it is a tough transition.  I told my boss that I'll be leaving early the first few days (she is fine with that).  We should do a going back to work check in on this board since so many of us are dealing with it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I start back tomorrow and I have been crying over it basically since I got home from the hospital.  The moment I saw my DS I just didn't want to ever leave him. Everyone has been telling me the anticipation of returning to work is harder than actually returning to work. One good thing is my first day back is my companies national day of giving so we will be doing volunteer work in the community.  Normally when we do these kinda things we get done around 1 or 2 and we get off early since we are all sweaty (normally out doing thigs outside) so I'm hoping it won't be a full day.  I agree with pp in that we need to update everyone on how it was. I know there are quite a few of us starting back tomorrow. Good luck and enjoy your last week at home. Of and don't worry about not putting him down - I've been doing the exact same thing. I even told my mom not to come by today because I just wanted one on one time with my DS today.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I go back tomorrow, and I must admit I come across a little bipolar about it. One minute I'm sure I'll be ok, Aria's in great hands with my mom, work will be a nice change of pace.... And the next minute Im bawling, trying to desperately figure out ways to not leave her. (escape to Mexico?) 

At this point, I just want tomorrow to be here so I can get over the anticipation. Thankfully, I work at a bank and it's the first of the month... We should be swamped, so hopefully the day will go by quickly.  

Regardless, it'll only be by the grace of God that I make it through the day.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Options

I have a really ideal situation- I work from home most of the time, can take DS to work with me sometimes and only have to be away from him a total of about 2 days a week. When he's not with me, he's with DH or one of our parents. Plus, my job is super fun and my boss is great. 

And despite all that, I'm STILL emotional about it. Tomorrow is my first official day, but I went to the office today for some meetings.  The anticipation was definitely worse than the day. It flew by, but it's still hard to give up the luxury of our own time on maternity leave. I'm dreading the stress of juggling it all.

Good luck!  

Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I posted about this last week. I am definately not thrilled about leaving DS but maybe if you have a flexible job, you can talk to your boss about making some changes to make the transition easier. I talked to my boss the same day I posted and got transferred to a work from home unit and a new assigned building which is much closer to my house! So now DS will only be with MIL for half of the day while I go and visit schools and houses for work.  Once I'm done with my visits I can go and get DS and type up my interviews from home!  That was such a blessing and was done within a matter of minutes by simply putting my anxiety aside and talking to my boss. Maybe you will have some luck as well.  Even though I got a really sweet deal, all I want to do with DS this week is cuddle and try and take all of it in and remember those moments.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"