December 2010 Moms

Wake-up time vs. Breakfast time

Just curious to see how other people handle breakfast in the morning in relation to the time your LO wakes up.

Right now DS wakes up anywhere between 6:30-7:00am (usually on the earlier side). He's always been an early-to-bed-early-to-rise kid and he STTN, so I really can't complain.

On the days that I work (3x a week) we both get up around 6:30am and I change his diaper and get him a sippy of milk. We go lay down in my bed for about 10 mins while he drinks his milk and snuggles for a bit. Then he plays around the house while DH and I get ready for work. I drop him off with either my mom or MIL around 8am and he has breakfast then. The milk first thing in the am seems to hold him over until 8am when he has "real breakfast".

Sometimes I feel like we need to start slowly merging the two (milk and breakfast) together...but I am lazy in the mornings and don't have the time/energy to make him breakfast that early.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wake-up time vs. Breakfast time

• Sounds pretty much like our morning routine.  C wakes up at around 6/6:30 and i get her a sippy of milk right away.  She has breakfast at DC (twice a week) at around 7:30 which is typically the same time that we would eat if I was home with her. 

photo 82cd8793-783f-431f-96f0-fcca1084a640_zpsc15e5cb6.jpgimage"Daisypath"> Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

photo d5624905-a6b6-418f-b278-83e809b23a24_zpsd0363f36.jpgBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A is usually up by 6:30-7 as well.  I usually get up at that time too and get in the shower.  He keeps himself occupied till I get out or DH gets him.  We then give him breakfast with a sippy of milk.  I feed him while I get lunches together and then sit down to eat my breakfast while he finishes up.  I think if your breakfast routine works then no need to change it.  He'll let you know if he needs more than just milk.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • He eats at 8 every weekday at dc.  I don't give him anything before he leaves. This is his last week being in dc (bought daggum time!) so we're going to be adjusting to a new schedule next week probably

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • DS usually wakes up at 6:30.  I get both of us ready, then I start feeding him breakfast and give him a sippy of milk around 7:15-7:30 before heading to daycare.  If it helps, I think daycare's breakfast is 7:00-8:30 for the kids who eat breakfast there.

If your DS is fine with just a sippy, then I don't think you need to move it up.  Sometimes I think I feed DS too early.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• DS usually wakes between 7-8 and it's at least 30-60 minutes before he has breakfast or milk. If we were leaving the house, I'd give him milk or a snack beforehand but since we're on our own schedule that's about when we make it to the kitchen. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD wakes up around 8.  I usually get organized and feed her within about 15-20mins .  That's what time I eat breakfast too.  I also figure that she hasn't eaten since 6:30 the night before, so she's probably hungry by 8/8:30.

• DD tends to wake up around 7:30. If I'm not already up and in the shower before then, I jump to it when I hear her start to stir.  She can usually hang out and entertain herself in the crib for up to 45 minutes or so before she gets annoyed.

When I go to her, I change her and we go downstairs for breakfast. I give her a sippy of milk first, to hold her over while I prep her food. If she's really hungry and whiny, I'll put her in the highchair with puffs/cheerios/something and the milk.  Breakfast is usually something cold like cereal and/or yogurt combined with a graham cracker and applesauce.  Maybe a toaster waffle / French toast sticks. If it's a good day, I'll make her a scrambled egg.

Sometime between when I got her off the bottle at 9 months and when we switched to WCM at 12 months was when she wanted more than just milk for breakfast.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DD has been waking up at 6 (usually no later than 6:30) and has breakfast usually within 15 mins.  (whole wheat waffle or pancakes) with fruit, yogurt, etc.

She has boycotted milk since we don't give it to her in a bottle so she is starving when she wakes up. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kj07kj07 member
    B usually wakes up between 6-6:30am.  He nurses and gets half a sippy of milk first thing.  During the week, breakfast is at about 7:30am at daycare.  On the weekends, breakfast is usually closer to 8am.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • "early-to-bed-early-to-rise kid"

hahaha...7 is "early to rise"...we are so lucky if DS sleeps until 6:30, and he never stays down until 7. Most of the time he wakes at 5:30. :-( Because daycare doesn't open until 8:30, DS has breakfast at home every morning. There is a lot of time, afterall. 

If/when he starts at a different daycare that serves breakfast, he will just eat it there, but I imagine we will give him a snack. He often has two breakfasts in the morning given that the gap is so long from when he wakes up and they don't get snack until 10:30ish. 

If I were you I would not change anything. Seems to work for you so why mess with it?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We get up about 5:45, I get us both dressed, then he nurses, then breakfast at the table while I find shoes and that day's things.  Put shoes on while still in high chair, face washed and out the door to daycare by 6:45. Weekends are obviously more relaxed.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DC serves breakfast at 8 and DD never gets anything to eat until then.  Usually I get her up about 7:10-7:20, so by the time she's changed and dressed its time to head out the door.  On days off/weekends if she wakes up early I don't feed her until 8 am just to keep her on a schedule.

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • imagekat81again2:

"early-to-bed-early-to-rise kid"

hahaha...7 is "early to rise"...we are so lucky if DS sleeps until 6:30, and he never stays down until 7. Most of the time he wakes at 5:30. :-( Because daycare doesn't open until 8:30, DS has breakfast at home every morning. There is a lot of time, afterall. 

If/when he starts at a different daycare that serves breakfast, he will just eat it there, but I imagine we will give him a snack. He often has two breakfasts in the morning given that the gap is so long from when he wakes up and they don't get snack until 10:30ish. 

If I were you I would not change anything. Seems to work for you so why mess with it?

I know - I guess it's all a matter of perspective. Sometimes (mainly on the weekends) I'm jealous of my friends who have kids who sleep until 8am. But DS also goes to bed around 645 or 7pm and I do really like having that extra time in the evenings to either hang out with DH or get stuff done around the house.

We used to be lucky if he slept until 6am, but within the past couple months he's slowly started waking up closer to 630 - so I'm happy about that.

• imagekat81again2:

"early-to-bed-early-to-rise kid"

Oh you are not alone sista! G wakes up between 5:45 - 6:30 am, usually more like 5:45. I think he's woken up at 7am a grand total of 4 times since he started STTN at 6mos. 

That being said, he gets a sippy of milk right after he wakes up, and that keeps him for about an hour. Then he usually bangs on the pantry door screaming for a cookie about 6:45 or 7, so that's when we feed him. :-)

I say if the current system works, why change it?

• Late to the game, but C normally wakes between 6:30 and 7am.  We normally don't do milk or anything now since he eats at DC at 8am.  However, this is fairly recent.  Before we often had to give him milk and/or cheerios to tide him over.  On weekends we normally eat early since we're just hanging around the house rather than busily getting out the door.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • C wants breakfast as soon as mutha flippin possible. There's no slow wake up or morning snuggling in this house. Some mornings, we can't even get a diaper change in because he is on the kitchen floor throwing a fit for breakfast. Tongue Tied

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• We have the same routine that you do.  DS gets up around 7:00 - 7:30 and gets his sippy of milk & cuddle time.  The milk holds him over until breakfast, which is at 8:30.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We are similar. DS wakes at 6, has almost a full sippy (8-10 oz) of milk & then eats breakfast 7:45-8:00ish.

• On weekdays, DD is usually up between 7:15 and 8.  I change her diaper then start breakfast, which includes a cup of milk.  On weekends, when DH is home in the mornings, he likes to snuggle in bed with her while giving her a cup of milk, so then we give her a full breakfast at least an hour after that.  This works out well for us.
  • DD likes to sleep she gets up between 7:30 and 9.  We change her get dressed and brush teeth and then go down to her high chair.  I give her some cherrios and milk while I am making her breakfast.  So she usually eats with in 10 min of waking.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagezuzupj4:
    She eats breakfast within 10-15 minutes of waking up. 

This. I barely have enough time to pee...and god forbid I brush my teeth. She acts like she is starving in the morning and likes to eat right away.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Our routine is somewhat similar to yours. DS nurses when we get up around 6:30 (sometimes a couple times), then eats a full breakfast after I leave for work at 8:30.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"