Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Video or Audio Monitors?

I was wondering what everyone's preference was on monitors ~ Video or Audio? Which do you prefer?

Thanks.  

Re: Video or Audio Monitors?

• Options
    You will get a mix of answers here.  Some people swear by the video, others think it's totally unnecessary.  We started with an audio only.  It was just a bad monitor in general (don't get this one https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Connect-Baby-Monitor-Parent/dp/B0042AE9EC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1335821411&sr=8-3) so we ended up deciding to get a video one.  I really love it now.  I like that I can see what she's doing since she will "play" quietly in her crib.  Also for us, her room is upstairs and our room and all our living space is downstairs so I wanted to be able to check in on her without going up there.  We love ours.  It's this https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Digital-Video-Monitor-Screen/dp/B004VL2VRO/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1335821508&sr=1-1 with the 3.5 inch screen. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options

If I had a 2 level house, I'd probably have looked into a video monitor.

But our entire house is one level, and we barely need the audio monitor as it is. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're getting a video monitor so I can see what our lil guy is doing as oppose to just hearing it.  Most people say audio is fine and eventually you'll learn what they need by the different sounds they make (after you've gotten up numerous times just to see they're playing with their hand and feet). I'd prefer to reduce the number of times I have to do that.  I also see the video being helpful as they get older like toddler age so I can keep my eyes on them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We got a video monitor.  I wanted the peace of mind when she is younger and I think it will be nice to watch her when she's older to see if she's sleeping, playing, etc.  We went with the Motorolla video monitor. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    NEITHER! when i was pregnant i wanted a video monitor. When LO slept in my room she snored so loud that i pushed her down the hall into her own room around a month. I don't use a monitor at all. No matter where i am in the house I can hear LO crying when she wakes up.
  • Options

I adore our video monitor! Of course it's not a necessity, babies were safely tended to before they existed, but they're such fun :) My mom even said the other day, as we were watching my precocious daughter bounce around and play in her crib for 45 minutes before falling asleep, that she wished she had one when we were babies.

I love being able to see if she's lying down or sitting up. Sometimes she's whining and fussing, but laying down, so she's just about to fall asleep. If I went in at that point, I'd ruin a nap right before she gave in.

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"