LGBT Parenting
Options

Weekend Updates

How was your weekend? What did you do?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Weekend Updates

• Options

Friday night we went to dinner. 

Saturday morning the kids had swimming and then we went to the outlets to get the kids' new sneakers (2 pairs of Stride Rites for $50. Score!) and had lunch (I have a recent obsession with fish tacos.) L and I took a nap while the kids watched a movie and then we watched tv while the kids played. I think the rain made us all lazy. Finally got up and went to Red Robin for dinner and then to Target for our weekly shopping trip.

Sunday morning L had to do some work and then we took the kids to the field to practice t-ball. It was so nice out and we all had a great time. L took the kids on a 3 mile walk while I went to get a pedicure. Came home and picked up the kids and took them to Best Buy to look at the 3DS options (they have been saving their money for months and will have enough to buy them come their birthday - so I have been teaching them about researching when you make a big purchase.) L and Carter fell asleep watching a movie and I got a bunch of stuff done around the house. Grilled out for dinner, got ready for the day, and my fears that Carter wouldn't go to sleep easily because of his nap were alleviated when they both passed out at 8pm and we watched all the new shows on Showtime.

• Options

The weekend was fine.  Friday K and I had a nice long talk about a lot of things.  It was much needed and felt good.

Saturday -  K went off to give her dissertation one final edit before going print.  Jelly Bean and I went out to breakfast, played at the park, went to the library and then attended an open house for a friend's new business.

Sunday - K and I got massages and then some quick and yummy sushi.  After that we did our bulk shopping and then hit the sales at Macy's.  I needed a dress for my gala this weekend.  After about 15 dresses I found one that I like.  I'm rather surprised by my final pick but I think when on it's actually slimming.  I then of course had to buy shoes to go with it.  One dress and two pairs of shoes later we went home.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Fri: I sat in traffic on the way to drop Ky off and on the way home so a 60 moinute round trip took almost 2 hours...ugh. We ordered Chinese take out and watched a movie.

Sat: I slept in! I cleaned the house, baked, went to the store, and made snacky foods for the card party. Only 3 of the 7 people invited showed up...we have LOTS of left-over finger foods. I get to incorporate into meals this week!

Sun: We kind of slept in (10 is sleeping in now...oy) and went to grab some brunch before picking up Ky. We went to see "The Lucky One" while Ky napped at my mom's house. It was not as good as the previews make it sound. We went home and had dinner. Ann went to hang out with her friend that just moved back from AZ a few weeks ago and I gave myself a mani/pedi while watchign the Amazing Race before heading to bed.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

image2brides:
    (I have a recent obsession with fish tacos.)

So have we! We hosted a bday for a friend at the end of March and in doing so we created a taco bar.  K decided to make fish tacos with a replica of Rubio's white sauce.  Do you have Rubio's near you?  Anyway it was really yummy and soooo very easy.  We made some again last night. Corn tortilla, coleslaw with yummy white sauce, fish, red onions, cilantro and a slice of avocado.  Oh so good.  And the best part is that Jelly Bean devours it up too!

• Options

J took Friday off and we went shopping for summer clothes for Apple.  I managed to lose the diaper bag while we were out, not discovering that it was missing for at least 2 hours...  We retraced our steps and found it where we had lunch, it was rescued from the parking lot and held for us, $20 tip to them.  We went to J's parents house and ended up cleaning out the nursery and taking a bunch of clothes for Apple, score!  A's dad picked her up early and we stayed to have dinner with the IL's.  Home and I think we went to bed.

Saturday we went to San Juan Capistrano to explore the Mission and wander the city, it was gorgeous weather.   We went home, watched some tv and went to bed.

Sunday was started late, I let the kids sleep in so I could have some quiet time.  I put the carwash sprinkler together in the afternoon for Iz and Owl, Apple and I hung out in the shade.  Naps, then dinner, then bed.  A came home and went to bed.  I ended up in bed around midnight, I had a lot on my mind and was trying to figure out how to have the sex and period talk with A... 

• Options
    Our weekend was okay. It was really warm,yuck,so they had lots of water play time. DW took 2/3 kids to the farm and library and the rest of the time we read,played,did an art project etc. I am feeling very anxious about LMC's new diagnosis so I was kind of out of sorts and cranky.I basically phoned it in and feel badly about it. I will try to make up for it this week.
  • Options

We had a really nice weekend. 

Friday was a normal night. Picked the girls up from daycare, cooked/ate dinner, went for a family walk (including the 3 dogs, I'm sure we were a sight), put the kids to bed, then I headed out to the gym.

Saturday was tball tball and more tball.  The morning was opening ceremonies.  I attempted to watch and entertain the girls as long as I could but we eventually bailed and went to the playscape :)  Then we had a short break at home for lunch and rest (for the girls - sprout and DW were off for team pictures).  He had his first game in the afternoon and it was so adorable.  After the game we all played at the playscape for a while and grabbed some ice cream for the kids. Mellow evening at home and after the kids were in bed DW and I did some serious work weeding the gardens. Probably the highlight of my weekend - that has been on my to-do list forever!

Sunday morning DW took the kids to Chuckie Cheese (::shudder::) while I had some quiet time at home and went to the gym.  The kids played outside for a while and DW and I did some mowing and a bit more work on the gardens. Then we went to a little party at a local small business - train ride, petting zoo, face paint, and more ice cream. DW went to work for a few hours while the kids and I went home for rest time and more outside play.  When she got home we went to subway for dinner, then home for baths, books, and bed.

• Options
    imageTwo*True:

image2brides:
    (I have a recent obsession with fish tacos.)

So have we! We hosted a bday for a friend at the end of March and in doing so we created a taco bar.  K decided to make fish tacos with a replica of Rubio's white sauce.  Do you have Rubio's near you?  Anyway it was really yummy and soooo very easy.  We made some again last night. Corn tortilla, coleslaw with yummy white sauce, fish, red onions, cilantro and a slice of avocado.  Oh so good.  And the best part is that Jelly Bean devours it up too!

tell me more about the fish - what kind? how is it cooked? is it breaded?

• Options

My weekend for the most part sucked.

Friday dw and were supposed to go out for her final grad school party at a bar.  It was fun but I was really tired and we got some bad news about Sue's grandmother which put a damper on the evening.  Sue's mother called and told her that her Grammie was not doing well (she had copd) and the doctor was saying that there was nothing that he could do and that a family meeting was happening next Thursday to set up visiting nurses ect.  My parents took E for the night so that was a nice treat though.

Sat morning S and I went to breakfast and ran errands and then my parents brought E back home.  We all went to a local sheep shearing festival which was nice.  My parents left and we took a nice nap.  We had dinner and watched tv Sat night.  Then it all went to crap.  S's mother called at 11:30 to let us know that Grammie had passed away suddenly.

Sunday was spent crying and figuring out a plan for this week.  S has her last days of internship, a few reports to write and a poster project.  Sunday was supposed to be her work day.  She got minimal things done so things are going to be a bit ugly at our house the next few days.  

Tonight she has to write the written portion of the paper then Tuesday she has to make the poster.  Wednesday night we have the wake and THursday is the funeral.  Of course she has to get the poster to someone on Thursday to pass in for her.  THe whole thing sucks and is sad and while there is no good time for this.  This is the worst week for it to happen.  Thursday instead of celebrating S being done with grad school we will be at the funeral.  Booooooooo.

This is E's name sake so it is very tough that there is only Little E and No Big E.  I am at work and am not productive although I have SOOOOOOO much to do. 

• Options

Friday night we had a lazy at-home night, watched Big Bang Theory, and went to bed early.

Saturday we got up and did errands, including picking up our trial share of an organic fruit and vegetable coop.  We then drove down to our favoirte shore town and checked in at a b&b.  We had a nice dinner at a restaurant on the boardwalk, shopped, and then spent the evening watching roller derby.  Then night at the b&b.

Sunday we wandered around, ate ice cream, and then drove to a new area to explore.  We went on a lighthouse tour and a tour of an old house and spent way more time outside than we realized - as you can tell from my lovely sunglasses sunburn!

And now I am mindlessly sitting in jury duty readiness... 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

SSG- Sending hugs to you all on the loss of Sue's grammie and lots of strength to get through this tough week ahead...thinking of you...

My parents arrived Thursday night to help with our move to the new house! Friday morning I met the cable guy, alarm guy and locksmith at the house while my dad moved some boxes and my mom packed the kitchen. We got a LOT of stuff moved that day. Saturday was the big stuff and my brother came over to help my dad and I get that done. We were all done and had dropped off the truck by 1pm. The rest of that day is a blur.

Yesterday K came over to meet my parents and brother and SIL and we went to brunch. K and my SIL really hit it off (as I expected they would) and I think everyone can see why I love K so much. After my family left, K and I took E on a walk to a park in our development. On the way back from the park we saw the woman I'll call our culdesac's gossip (she sits on her front porch a lot and freely admits she keeps an eye on things) so I introduced her to K and pretty soon we met many other neighbors who were out and about including one family with a girl E's age that lives just a few houses away from us. E was SO excited to have a friend just down the street!!! The culdesac does quarterly potlucks and some moms dinners with kids and we were invited to all. And now the secret is out...we are going to be the gaybors! Stick out tongue

• Options

Spoiler alert: Babies still cooking.

Saturday I spent most of the day chipping away at my to-do list. I only have 1 or 2 things left, which frees up the rest of this week for online CLES. Yay. But more like ugh. We both wanted to get out of the house on Saturday night but it's hard to think of things to do that don't involve sitting for too long (movies, out to eat at a sit-down place) or walking/exercise. We ended up at a Japanese buffet, which was perfect b/c it's a little eating, a little walking, a little eating, etc. :) Afterward we went to my parents' house to watch a movie. 

Sunday afternoon Jen and I took my mom to have fancy tea as an early Mother's Day present. I ran to the store before she came over and scored 2.5 dozen roses for $23, and the florist arranged them really nicely. They were well-received :) The tea was fun and we'll definitely do it again sometime. Other than that, we just spent the rest of the day around the house; Jen napped and I read some of my accumulated newspapers and chatted on the phone. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagectbride08:

tell me more about the fish - what kind? how is it cooked? is it breaded?

Nope - no bread.  We use Swai because the fish is light and buttery and really just a nice fish for tacos.  Plus it's approved by the Monterey Bay Aquarium watch list which I defer to for all my fish purchases Big Smile

We marinate the fish in something like this or this.  I'm not a big fan of chipotle flavoring but that that one I enjoyed.  Then we simply grill it on our stove top grill plate for 10min-ish. 

I think this is the recipe for the white sauce we make but my work firewall has it blocked.  Does it include dill, greek yogurt, mayo, paprika? The the page have a pretty picture of tortillas in their bag - lol?  Anyway....I can find that link at home later if needed.

So very yummy. And I like I said, Jelly Bean scarfs this stuff up.

• Options

SSG - I am so sorry to hear about S's grandmother and the timing of her passing.

TT - I haven't made them at home because L isn't really a fish fan, nor a taco fan. i had them this weekend at Chevy's made with salmon. A bit unusual, but it makes them pretty hearty.

CT - I am so impressed with how much you do after the kids go to bed. The gym? I bow to you. :)

kari - congratulations on the move! Sounds like a great neighborhood!

2mommiesinoh - I can't even fathom sleeping in till 10? LOL. Sleeping in around our house is 7am! Past that and we think we've died and gone to heaven. :)

• Options
    hlkehlke member

Leap, so glad Jen has made it so close to full term.  Let's cook those babies a bit longer.

Friday - Friday morning was C's official grad school graduation where she got hooded and officially got her PhD.  We totally forgot to take pictures of the two of us - oops.  After that we went to a vegetarian restaurant for lunch, then I napped while C had a meeting.  That evening we celebrated with the other grads in her lab and a bunch of friends.

Saturday - We hung out all day with our good friends from Ann Arbor and their 3 year old son.  C hasn't spent much time around kids, so I think it's good for her to see what they're really like.  She kept marveling at how he'd be happy one minute, inconsolable the next.  I was like...yeah, that's being 3, especially if you miss your nap.

Sunday - We got up and headed over to another set of friends' house.  Hung out with them and then headed back to Chicago.  Went home to verify the cats were alive, then went out to Whole Foods for dinner and a bit of grocery shopping.  Came home and I crocheted while C passed out around 9:30, wiped out from the trip. 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Options
    image2brides:

2mommiesinoh - I can't even fathom sleeping in till 10? LOL. Sleeping in around our house is 7am! Past that and we think we've died and gone to heaven. :)

This is normally us. I am up 6:15 for work during the week and Ky is used to being up by 7 since that is when I wake her up to go to the sitter. Normal weekend wake up is 7:15 at the latest.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you! Me too! :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

C was not well all of the weekend, though she did eat breakfast and dinner with us yesterday.

Thursday we were at the ER until a little after midnight. The Kiddos were real troopers. That made Friday a late wake up...we took the Kiddos to daycare then took C home for a quick rest b/c she had a 2p appt, after that I took her back home for another rest and I went and picked up the Kiddos. Traffic was horrible so C called a work friend and got a ride to the office where she was to have her MRI. The Kiddos and I were able to get there before the procedure. After that I took all to Azteca for dinner...you could tell everyone was exhausted. Kiddos didn't get to bed until 10p.

Saturday, my three woke up about 6:30a, I gave each Kiddo 8 ounces of warm milk and gave C a bowl of cereal so she could take her pain meds. I was so happy that they all fell back to sleep for 3 more hours...they so needed the rest. After that I took the Kiddos out of the room and we basically spent the day together. At lunch I was singing a song and Little Man told me, "Quiet, Mommy sleeping." It was so cute. After their nap I took them to CVS and Costco.

On Sunday, I made oatmeal for the bunch (I had a bagel) and we all ate together, then C  went back to bed. The Kiddos and I played and they ended up taking a late nap. Afterwards I took them to Target and picked up Panda Express for C and I. After dinner it was a fun bath for the Kiddos, a story, then an attempt for C to put them night-night. It had been quite a few nights and I don't think Peanut knew what to do...her excitement of having Mommy in the room kept her riled up. Needless to say I had to go in and try settle her down...it took me almost an hour to get her to go to sleep. Then it was to the room where I watched some mindless television and played Hearts on the computer while C went to sleep.

That about sums things up.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

The comments about fish tacos are cracking me for very immature reasons,  I have a group of lesbian friends I hang out with that are almost all over the age of 30 and have the brains of teenage boys.

Weekend update-  I wrote and submitted 35 pages worth of papers,  I refuse to discuss co-occuring PTSD and SUD or Family Emotional Systems Theory for at least a month.  My brain has liquified and has poured out of my head. 

DW kept busy exercising and helping my mom out at her storage shed.  The most exciting part of my weekend was lunch at Panera.  DW is super excited because me busy with school had given her lots of bored time and she has lost 5 pounds.

We got both good an bad news over the weekend.  My granny has an aneurysm in her long but it is too small to operate on.  This is the good new she is 80 and they are hoping some meds will intervene.  Bad news is that we are waiting to find out if my 38 years old brother had prostate cancer.  My therapist is going to get a dose of one stressed out women this weekIndifferent

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • Options

Great weekend!  Zucchini spent the weekend and it went better than we hoped :)

As she was walking in our house, she said, "I'm so excited, I've been looking forward to this all week."  

We sewed pillows, made cupcakes, went to kid day at the Y (where I surprised her by joining her in the bounce house ;), I did her hair surprisingly well, and she said, "wow, I look like Mrs Obama."  And she did look stunning and mature. 

She's excited to come back, and we talked about making a room for her, since "she'll be spending more time here."  

Success!

Oh, and my parents came to meet her, and said how cute and sweet she was, too. 

• Options
    imageEratMama:

As she was walking in our house, she said, "I'm so excited, I've been looking forward to this all week."  

Awww...that is a fantastic quote!!! So glad to hear things went so well for you all!

• Options

I wish I had time to respond to everything I read! *sigh*

Friday: I had a work event until late. Got home at 9:30 or so, had tea, and went to bed.

Saturday: Our oldest nephews (both in their 20s) came to help us get ready to move. One hung out with J and the other helped us pack. Not sure what we would have done without them. The whole day revolved around packing.

Sunday: We packed some more in the morning, took the boys out for Korean for lunch, and at 1 a bunch of friends came over with big vehicles and box-carrying muscles to help move boxes to the new house. One of our friends couldn't believe how many books we have (courtesy of K's Ph.D.). He kept saying, in total disbelief, "There are still more boxes of BOOKS?" His truck was filled to the brim with books. We said it was our library. Smile

Once we emptied all of the vehicles into the house, I took three of the friends out to dinner to thank them. The boys and the other two friends couldn't join us, unfortunately. K drove the boys to the station so they could catch a bus back home - they live in a neighboring state - then came back to pick me up at the restaurant. Next weekend: phase two of the move! 

• Options
    imageLV1979:

The comments about fish tacos are cracking me for very immature reasons,  I have a group of lesbian friends I hang out with that are almost all over the age of 30 and have the brains of teenage boys.

You're not alone.  I just kept thinking that someone was going to c&p this post somewhere saying "hey look! the lesibans are talking about fish talks, hahaha!"

• Options
    2brides2brides member
    Clearly I am a horrible lesbian, because this never crossed my mind.Embarrassed
  • Options
    imageEratMama:

We sewed pillows, made cupcakes, went to kid day at the Y (where I surprised her by joining her in the bounce house ;), I did her hair surprisingly well, and she said, "wow, I look like Mrs Obama."  And she did look stunning and mature. 

She's excited to come back, and we talked about making a room for her, since "she'll be spending more time here."  

Success!

Oh, and my parents came to meet her, and said how cute and sweet she was, too. 

a) i love that she was excited!! soooo cute!

b) "I look like Mrs. Obama" - that is impressive for 4!! you have a very smart little girl on your hands.

c) i love that you enjoyed each other all weekend. and I totally go in the bounce house with my kids! :)

• Options
    LV1979LV1979 member

image2brides:
    Clearly I am a horrible lesbian, because this never crossed my mind.Embarrassed

Not a horrible lesbian at all...your brain just isnt swirling around the toilet with my potty mind.

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"