Success after IF
Options

XP: Quick Adalyn Update 4/29

Hey ladies! I just wanted to write a quick little something about our last glorious 3 days at home! It is soooooooo much better taking care of Adalyn at home.  It is so wonderful not to have to drive to the hospital, and the equipment isn't really all that hard to deal with.  We've given her a couple of baths already (which she absolutely loves) and she has gone through several costume changes throughout the day. 

We've set up shop in the living room, since that is where our recliners are, along with the TV, and it is central to the house.  She is hooked up to a large Oxygen tank there with a 25 foot cable that allows us to reach the bathroom.  We totally nap while Adalyn is lying on our chest, and the other person gets to sleep in bed.  So far DH has taken the overnight shifts (ie, 2a-7a), but I may do so tonight.  We have been living on coffee, and Adalyn is adjusting really well! The TV on doesn't bother her and neither do the dogs (who bark when anything moves by the front door)--she will sleep through anything.  

She eats ever 3 hours during the day and every 4 hours overnight.  We say that the monster is stirring, because if she doesn't get fed within 15 minutes of rousing, she cries bloody murder! We've had no problem with her feeds, and actually find that she wants to eat more.  We had a maximum that we could feed her when we got discharged, but we've had to go over about an ounce more a day because she just needs it.  Tomorrow is our first pediatrician appointment and we're going to see if we can either increase her max or not have a max.  (Her neonatologist had a max because he didn't want her to have fluid overload due to her lung issue).  

Her oxygen need has been about the same--next to a sliver of nothing most of the time and a little more during her feeds.  Hopefully she will be able to go off the oxygen in the next month or so.  

Here is a pic in her Lady Bug sleeper with a hat.  BTW, I only have about 45 seconds from when a hat is placed on her head before she starts screaming wanting it taken off. Smile

IMAG0433
TTC Since July 2008.
Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
FET 1 3/2013 BFN
FET 2 5/2013 BFN
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: XP: Quick Adalyn Update 4/29

• Options
    Sounds like she is doing really well.  She is just beautiful
  • Options
    i am glad you are settling in well at home! i hope things continue to go smoothly.  she is adorable, i love her little sleeper!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad everything is going so smoothly. She's a beauty!
    TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
  • Options
    She is just adorable.  I love the ladybug outfit.  
  • Options
    She is adorable and it sounds like you guys are doing so well - good job mama!!
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• Options
    Ah!  So happy you're home!  She is a precious angel!
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She is so beautiful!  Congrats on being home :)  So happy for your family!
  • Options
    I'm glad everything is going so well!  She's just precious!
  • Options
    So glad she is home and everything is going well. She is adorable!
  • Options
    Aww glad you are doing so well at home! I love her ladybug outfit!
  • Options
    She is just beautiful!  Congrats!
  • Options
    OMG...she is too cute! Love the sleeper and hat! Glad everything is going so well!
    10/09 Bravelle/ Ovidrel and IUI- BFP!!! Beta #1- 16dpiui 551 Beta # 2- 18dpiui 1400 Beta #3- 20dpiui 2800 It's a boy! Aiden James William born 7/12/10 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Surprise BFP! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    JenCWJenCW member
    Yay for being home!  She couldn't be any cuter!!!
  • Options
    MAK06MAK06 member
    First of all she's gorgeous!!!!!!! Congrats on being able to go home! Hoping she weans off her O2 quickly! Nicu babies are definitely used to their schedules haha. Seems like you are figuring things out and doing well. Such great news!

IVF #1 = BFP!! So blessed to have our baby boy! IVF #2 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! IVF #3 = Convert to frozen - 1 frostie! FET #1 = 8/14, Two transferred, One stuck! Praying for another healthy miracle! Due: 5/2/13 imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Glad she is finally home and doing so well!  What a cutie!
  • Options
    So glad you got to take her home! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

So glad that you're all home and settling into a routine. :)  I hope her pedi appointment goes well and that she continues to get better and better.

And I love ladybugs...she's absolutely precious!!!

• Options
    I am so glad to hear that she is doing so well and that you are enjoying having her at home. I love the ladybug pic! Adorable!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options

So cute!  I love her little ladybug hat!

Yay for being home and getting settled in...it is so nice to be in your own environment!  Congrats!

• Options
    Sweet little peanut! I'm glad things are going well at home!
  • Options
    I've been keeping up with your updates and just wanted to say she is absolutely precious!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"