Cloth Diapering

Red butt question

I've only been CDing for just over a week, but you ladies seem to be the ones to ask. I noticed this morning that DD has some redness in between her cheeks. Not a lot, and it's not bumpy like diaper rash, it's just red. Do I just need to make sure to change her a little more frequently? Not scrub her butt quite as much with the Wipes when I clean her? Make sure the wipes are more wet so her skin isn't scrubbed as much? Make sure she's more dry before the dipe goes on again? More naked time to dry out?It doesn't seem to bother her at all, and I really just noticed it today. I change her about every 2 hours unless she's sleeping, but then I only let her go to about 3 hours. At night, I put a fleece liner in her fitted to keep her drier.I use prefolds and covers FWIW. TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Red butt question

• Honestly, it's probably just a reaction to the frequent NB poo and isn't a problem.

Try having a little more naked bum time to keep things from getting worse.  You can also try to use a wetness barrier in that area (like the grovia magic stick) to help prevent the irritation.

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • I also just use prefolds and covers and I have found that I really need to use the fleece liner all the time, not just at night, in order for DD's butt to not get red.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"