Baby Showers

Thank you for shower hosts?

What did you do to thank your shower hosts? A hug? A card? A gift? :) Just not sure what the rule of thumb is on this one. I'd like to do something but just not sure what. TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Thank you for shower hosts?

• My best friend and her mom hosted my shower this past weekend. I got BFF a hand painted wine glass, and her mom a hand painted tea cup and saucer. They loved it!!

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

• I will be sending flowers to them at work a couple days after the shower
  • Loading the player...
  • i think that a handwritten thank you note and a small gift are great...whatever you think that they would like
  • I think that a thank you card is a must. I also don't think that you need to get anything other than that.

My sister hosted my first shower and my BF helped out. I didn't get my  sister anything, but sent her a thank you. I did make a really cute apron for my best friend so I spent about $5.00 and some of my time on her. She loves to cook, so she was really happy with it. Had I not been able to think of something like that, I wouldn't have wasted my money on a some candles or bath salts or some other crappy gift that she would never use.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'll be doing a thank you card and a gift.  One of my showers is being hosted by my best friend at her mom's house, so even though her mom isn't hosting, I'll be giving her mom a small gift too.  Probably just something I bake, some treats.
  • A thank you card is a must!  In addition, I like to do small gifts for hostesses.  Either a gift card for a mani-pedi or personalized notecards a bottle of wine or something like an orchid, depending on the person. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • MIL's was a surprise so I sent her flowers (tulips, her fave) after.

The local shower was hosted by 2 friends. They love getting their nails done, so I got them gcs to a local mani/pedi place. 

TY notes and hugs should follow as well :) 

• My shower was this past weekend.  I got the hosts a potted plant for their patio now that it's getting nice out.  I also sent them a thank you note in the mail thanking them for the gift for baby and for the amazing baby shower, games, food, etc.
  • I just decided I would do an Edible Arrangement for both of my hosts. One will get a box of chocolate covered fruit and the other "main" host will get an actual fruit arrangement.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am planning to get my cousin a gift certificate for a spa mani/pedi, and I'm going to send my aunt flowers the following day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"