August 2012 Moms
Options

Rings

So I *think* my fingers are telling me I won't be wearing my wedding rings much longer. For the past few days it's been a hassle to get them off when I shower and it's not even that hot/humid here in Nebraska! I can't imagine what it will be like when I get back to Okinawa the humidity is awful and this summer it will be over 100 degrees and I just know I will swell up. So, I am thinking about going to Claire's and buying a cheap-o fake ring to wear. Anyone else doing this? Or do you think I am being crazy to want to wear a fake ring when my real rings won't fit?? I just don't like not wearing my rings, I feel awfully naked without them!
IMG_4833 IMG_0119 Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Rings

• Options
    I actually bought a pretty silver ring with a twisted look to it while we were away in New Mexico over Easter. It looks similar to my band (only without the row of inset diamons) and I will just not have an engagement ring for a while. My real rings are still fitting, but when I feel swollen, they are tough to get off. So, soon I'll be sporting the new ring (which is a little big, but I have a ring sizer for the interim) and locking my real rings away in the safe. A friend had to have hers cut off because she sweeled up so quickly and that woud just break my heart!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Options
    I already have my fake rings waiting for me. I bought them about a month ago because I wanted to make sure I had them since it's hard to find things in my size...I usually wear an 8, so I picked up a 9.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My rings still fit...for the time being! I will definitely get a fake ring to wear in it's place and don't think you're crazy for one minute...have fun shopping!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine were starting to get tight, so I got one from Kohls that's almost identical to my wedding band. And it was only 4.99 on sale! I have seen some people wear their rings on a chain (as a necklace). I was considering that, but it would be my luck that the rings would somehow fall off and I'd lose them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I just started wearing my fake rings too...bought a cheap sterling silver $25 dollar set at JCpenny that looks incredible similar to my real ones.  My real ones need to be sent in to be re-dipped in white gold anyway as they are starting to look dingy and goldish so now I can send them back and still have something to wear.  I hate not wearing my rings when they go in for repairs, etc. 

Only bad thing is I have tiny fingers...normally wear a size 5 ring so finding something that wasn't huge was a problem for me.  I wanted size 6 but finally settled on size 7 so they are big but maybe that will be helpful if/when my fingers swell more later on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

My fingers are starting to have days where my rings feel tight.  This was a good reminder to go find something to wear in the meantime.  My normal ring size is 4.25 so I am thinking I will need a size 5 or so.  That small of a ring is hard to find, so I better start looking! 

I am a teacher and I want to make sure I am wearing at least a wedding band (of sorts).  That might be silly, but it is important to me.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    SGC29SGC29 member
    During my last pregnancy once my rings stopped fitting DH bought me a plain white gold band to wear for the time being. I will likely pull that back out once my fingers swell again. I don't like not wearing a ring.
  • Options
    I don't swim with my rings so if I go on vacation where I'll be swimming, I leave my rings at home because I never know what to do with them. I don't like leaving them in the hotel room. I also take mine off to sleep so I am always afraid I'll forget them and leave them at the hotel. So I usually travel with fake wedding rings. So if my hand swells I am definitely wearing fake. I would feel naked without something there!
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    I have had my off for about a month. I bought an august birthstone ring as I wanted to be wearing something because I was so used to having them on!
  • Options
    Ah man. I've been wearing different rings since 12-13 weeks I think. I'm starting to think that I'll have to get another set to wear in the summer because these ones are getting tight. (I'm currently wearing my birthstone ring and a plain gold band that I got when I was 13. Usually they fit on my right hand). My mom told me that "lots of pregnant women don't wear rings", but I too feel naked without them. I'm also a) proud to be married to my wonderful husband and b) look like a teenager, so I don't want to be side-eyed by anyone.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I have a wedding band identical to my first except that it is a full size (and a half maybe?) larger. I can wear it when my hands swell up too much, and then after baby I can wear it on the inside of my engagement ring and have a 3 ring set.
  • Options
    I have been wearing a fake ring for several weeks now.  I felt naked without my wedding ring and I still miss my real set, but this is better than nothing.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"