June 2011 Moms
Options

Britax Boulevard owners... Installation?? Honda Fit.

My DH installed our Britax Boulevard the other day because DS hit the weight requirement for our infant carseat. He installed it in our Honda Fit. He used the LATCH system and used the Versa-Tether for rear facing... howerver the tether is over DS head... instead of on the ground. Sort of like this photo, but his seat sits up higher.

I was wondering if other had to install it like this? I looked over the installation manual today because It is just a pain to remove DS from the seat. It says to to use the Versa-Tether for more stability and to read your cars manual to find where the tether lock is... so I am guessing that some are on the ceiling of the car... Does anyone have a Honda Fit and a Britax Boulevard??

Nickie
Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

Re: Britax Boulevard owners... Installation?? Honda Fit.

• Options
    We don't have a Boulevard or a Fit anymore to be honest, but I did read the manual when we were looking at getting a rear facing car seat for our Fit and I believe the tether hooks you are using in that picture are for forward facing seats only. I do not believe there was a place to tether a rear facing car seat. Our Honda Fit was an '07 so maybe your is different but the '07 did not have a rear facing tether.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ours is a 2009 Fit. DH installed it and said he fallowed the manual, but it just doesn't seem right to me... Those straps are always in our way...

Looks like DH installed it using Australian RF Tethering. 

Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a RAV4, but I assume all cars have this capability.  Watch this video.  This is how we tethered ours.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2upADev-UrM
    May, 2010, DH DX: Low Testosterone
    July, 2010, DH SA: 3% morph
    July, 2010, DH Rx: 50 mg Clomid EOD
    BFP: 9/3/10 ~ M/C: 9/7/10
    BFP: 10/9/10 ~ My beautiful Grace Dorothy was born on 6/14/11
    Beta #1 (12 DPO): 111/24 ~ Beta #2 (16 DPO): 722/23 ~ Beta #3 (20 DPO): 3,338/15.3
    BFP: 11/14/11 ~ Spotting/Betas not doubling, but HB of 113 bpm @ 6 wks 1 day!
    My Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DH's Low Testosterone/ED Blog
  • Options
    I agree with Tulip. You have the tether positioned for forward facing. If you think about what the tether is supposed to do, it doesn't make sense in that position. It is supposed to brace the carseat from going forward so you would want the tether towards the front of the car in rear facing. Our car does not has a tether for the Boulevard but we get very little movement after proper installation.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I found this link...

https://carseatblog.com/12749/how-to-use-a-rear-facing-tether/

Looks like DH installed using the Australian RF Tethering

Nickie

• Options

It looks like this option 1 is what he did...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBfFGtUAtRg&feature=player_embedded

Nickie

• Options

I posted this a while back about the installation in my Honda Pilot.  It is installed the same way in our Insight as well.

There's a small additional part to the versa-tether that wraps around the base of the front seat track that is bolted to the car's frame.  When I took my Boulevard in to be checked, this is how they installed the tether.

TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • Options
    egfegf member
    This is an option for the britax models. It is in my manual as well. It's correct for RF but yes, a pain.
  • Options
    DH changed it with the D-ring now... It is much better! Thanks mamas for your help!
    Nickie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"