3rd Trimester
Options

2nd time mommas- clothing sizes

I had my shower yesterday and we got sooo much clothes and onsies it's unreal. My MIL told me I should take a lot of it back because our LO will grow out of the small sizes in just a matter of weeks. So I was planning on what I wanted to take back and what I wanted to keep, but when I was going through it I noticed that a lot of it was 3 to 9 month sizes. And the ones that were really small you couldn't tell where they came from. Our doctors are planning on inducing us at 37 weeks if not earlier he said due to LOTS of complications (kidney failure, GD, high BP, etc.)

So do you all think our son will need the smaller sizes for a while since he is coming earlier then usual, or should I exchange some of the sizes if I can? I am totally lost on this lol 

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2nd time mommas- clothing sizes

• Options
    I think if I were you I would try to wait until he is born so you will know exactly how big he is and everything:) GL
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    There's no way of knowing.  It depends what the birth weight is and how fast your baby grows.  They all grow at slightly different rates.  GD babies tend to be big.  I had GD and my son was born at 38 weeks.  He was a shade under 9 lbs.  He wore newborn stuff for a week or so and was in size three months shortly after that.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Of course every baby is different - I am sure you know that - I just said it to avoid other posters correcting "my experiences." For both of my girls, they pretty much grew at a normal pace. The only outfits that they grew out of quickly were newborn outfits. If you have tons of newborn clothes, then I would debate exchanging some of those. Either way, I would not stress about it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lo was in NB sizes for quite awhile. She was born at 41 weeks 4 days, so everyone told me that she would be huge and I should not bother with NB clothes or diapers. They were wrong. She was 7lbs 8oz.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DS1 was 6 lbs 9.5 oz just a few days shy of his EDD.  He wore NB stuff for 6 weeks or so and 0-3 month stuff until he was 3-4 months old... I liked having tons of it (we had TONS of handmedowns) because he was a reflux baby and needed a complete change several times a day... even more when he was in paper diapers instead of cloth.  
  • Options

I would wait until after the baby is here... My son was born at 38 weeks and was 8lb 3 oz It depended on what brand onesie and how it fit him... I found the Carters brand ran small.. When he was 3 mon he was wearing 6 months.... My son was also born in the winter and I had a onesie under everything... So I went threw them... I feel you can never have too many... But thats just me :)

• Options
    My DD was 6.8 born at 40 weeks and a day, she wore NB for at least 8-12 weeks. She was a wee bug. They are so tiny when they are born. I brought 0-3 mos. to the hospital. She couldn't wear those until around 12 weeks. They were huge!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options

Let me start off by saying it NEVER hurts to have a crap lot of clothes for baby even if they are newborn, or 0-3 months. Babies most the time go through multiple changes of clothes a day.

When i had my first son, he was born on due day, he was in newborn clothes until he was almost five months old. So anything can happen i think you need to just sit tight on everything you have until your lil guy is here. You never know how much clothes you are going to need. So better safe then sorry.

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I really appreciate all the feedback. I think I am going to just keep it all because I love all of the outfits soo much. Plus if that leaves me some time before I have to go buy anymore that's great with me haha.
  • Options

Definitely not true for everyone!

First, the length of your kid is going to matter more than the weight. My girls were 6.10 and 7.15 but both short so they both fit preemie sizes for a bit at first (even my almost 8lber, who was my shortest). They also were VERY slow growers. You can't know ahead of time how fast or slow they will pack on the pounds/inches so you may have a kid who hits huge spurts early on and flies through NB sizes or have a kid who gradually gains at a slow pace and is in NB sizes til 3 months like my kids both were :)

Plus brands vary so much in sizing too, one brand's NB might be more equivalent to another brand's 3 month. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"