Babies: 6 - 9 Months

6 months! Wahoo! and, in law/parent question

Let me just start by saying how much I love this age!! 6 months is so much fun!

And now for my in law/parent question: 

Our LO has a part time nanny, we don't have her in daycare. My parents help out when we are in a bind. If you had the option of turning your garage into a MIL Suite where your parents could come and stay for 2 nights out of the week to help out, would you do it? What would your DH say? Curious to see if the idea would get vetoed or if your hubbies would think it would be a good idea.

kaylinsig1tubbab1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Compromise and Balance are key. JH.

Re: 6 months! Wahoo! and, in law/parent question

• My husband would love it.  If that's the way you choose to go, then I would just advise that you make sure she has a totally separate space for herself.  I think it would be best if she could have her own bedroom, kitchenette, bathroom, etc.  In my family, at least, we've learned that everyone needs their own space (not just a bedroom).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In a second!!  And DH would be fine with either mother.  DS currently stays with my mother-in-law during the day, anyway.  There is NO ONE I'd rather Maddy be with than one of our moms.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • You and DH need to consider your relationship with your MIL and make sure, as PPs said, that everyone has their own space.  I personally would never do this.  I have a great relationship with my MIL, but DH and I are not dependent on our parents financially or for child care.  They will babysit once in awhile, but our parents have their own lives, too.  They enjoy having their kids out of the house and having a social life, etc.   I would never expect my own parents or my in-laws to help care for my child on a permanant basis. My children are my and DH's responsibility.  I know there are all kinds of situations out there and I certainly don't mean to be preachy, but I think grandparents are grandparents, not daycare providers.  That's totally my opinion, though! 

• imageDawnJM25:

You and DH need to consider your relationship with your MIL and make sure, as PPs said, that everyone has their own space.  I personally would never do this.  I have a great relationship with my MIL, but DH and I are not dependent on our parents financially or for child care.  They will babysit once in awhile, but our parents have their own lives, too.  They enjoy having their kids out of the house and having a social life, etc.   I would never expect my own parents or my in-laws to help care for my child on a permanant basis. My children are my and DH's responsibility.  I know there are all kinds of situations out there and I certainly don't mean to be preachy, but I think grandparents are grandparents, not daycare providers.  That's totally my opinion, though! 

I agree with all of this.  ESPECIALLY the "grandparents are grandparents, not daycare providers"... My cousins totally overuse grandmas, to the point where the kids will sleep over grandmas "just so we can sleep in" at least once a week.  Seriously? 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"