Trying to Get Pregnant

I don't get the awards. What's the point?

Besides to make others feel badly. Can someone please explain? I get the nice ones, but why put the rude and insensitive ones out there, and then re-post to have people narrow down the vote. Nobody wants to be the most bitter (don't even get me started), doesn't know when to shut up.. etc. I mean really? Why? 

ETA- since this apparently went the wrong direction.... I see certain posts, but there were many others I just didn't understand, so I thought I would ask since there was no clarification on those that I saw :)

Congrats Starbuck :y & HHB on their sweet baby boys!
Lots of love & luck to Mdluv & Zook
IUI#4 = BFP!!
When the world says give up... hope whispers try it one more time

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I don't get the awards. What's the point?

• Where were you when we were discussing this last week?? When we were all trying to figure out the different catagories??  

image image

Me: 34 Dh: 41, Married: Oct 15th 2011

Me: Deteriorating Ovarian Reserve, Hostile Uterus

Dh: Slow but Healthy Swimmers

Round 1 Clomid 100mg 7/12/2013

BFP 8/2/2013 EDD 4/14/2014

Charlotte Born on 4/23/3014

http://beanagirl01.blogspot.com/

Lilypie - (JIIT)

• Probably not here. I don't spend much time on TB as I apparently should. But just by looking on the first page, it looks like there are some pretty effed up categories people are voting on, hence the reason I asked.

IUI#4 = BFP!!

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with Papps......... I am really surprised by alot of the posts on TTGP lately. One actually disgusted me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageChancieMark:

I think we have thoroughly discussed what a shitacular idea this was despite no one speaking up about it prior to today.

Why this needed a whole other post I don't know...

Because I've only gone back a day and a half and have not seen a thread about what a f'ucked up idea this is. I only see the actual awards being posted. Hence the reason I asked.

IUI#4 = BFP!!

•  

Ag

imageChancieMark:

I think we have thoroughly discussed what a shitacular idea this was despite no one speaking up about it prior to today.

Agreed.  And if you're just scanning down the posts, you wouldn't see that the content of one was removed by the OP and an apology was posted in its place.  This thread was entirely unnecessary. 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • None of them were meant to be hurtful.  And they were meant to be fun.  Again, where were you ladies when we were discussing this?  I don't believe anyone said anything about there being a negative response. 

image image

Lilypie - (JIIT)

• Personally I thought the "Poop" post was aweful. Also, I am shocked you guys are reacting to Papps post like this...... I think she deserves some respect. She has been a bumpie a long time! I will always stand by Papps.
  • imageSkyBee:
    Personally I thought the "Poop" post was aweful. Also, I am shocked you guys are reacting to Papps post like this...... I think she deserves some respect. She has been a bumpie a long time! I will always stand by Papps.

I don't just support something a person says because they've been around a long time.  I'd consider this post unnecessary regardless of who posted it. 

• imagejessuhmarie:

imageSkyBee:
    Personally I thought the "Poop" post was aweful. Also, I am shocked you guys are reacting to Papps post like this...... I think she deserves some respect. She has been a bumpie a long time! I will always stand by Papps.

Just because she is a older reg doesn't mean we need to bow down and blindly accept whatever she says. We're entitled to our opinions just as she is hers.

Simultaneous post high five! 

• imagekacelle:

Ag

imageChancieMark:

Agreed.  And if you're just scanning down the posts, you wouldn't see that the content of one was removed by the OP and an apology was posted in its place.  This thread was entirely unnecessary. 

I'm not some newb (trust me, despite what my post count may say). I went back a few days and didn't see anything execpt the awards. There was an apology in the bitter thread, but that is it.

Tina- I honestly don't get on here much anymore, but I try and lurk as often as I can. I would have said something had I noticed when this came up originally. I didn't mean to stir up drama if this apparently has already been discussed. I just saw the top two- bitter and not knowing when to shut up and got confused and offended so I thought I would ask

IUI#4 = BFP!!

None of them were meant to be hurtful. And they were meant to be fun. Again, where were you ladies when we were discussing this? I don't believe anyone said anything about there being a negative response.
    And if a non-reg had spoken up, we'd have been accused of policing and you'd have told us to STFU.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • imagePapps:
    imagekacelle:

Ag

imageChancieMark:

I'm not some newb (trust me, despite what my post count may say). I went back a few days and didn't see anything execpt the awards. There was an apology in the bitter thread, but that is it.

Tina- I honestly don't get on here much anymore, but I try and lurk as often as I can. I would have said something had I noticed when this came up originally. I didn't mean to stir up drama if this apparently has already been discussed. I just saw the top two- bitter and not knowing when to shut up and got confused and offended so I thought I would ask

Again, being a newb or a board reg has nothing to do with it. 

• imagekacelle:

imageSkyBee:

I don't just support something a person says because they've been around a long time.  I'd consider this post unnecessary regardless of who posted it. 

While I missed the poop post (sounds entertaining), I totally don't expect anyone to agree with me or even like me. I was just simply asking a question.

Skybee- thanks doll. It's ok though... I have my big girl panties on :) Besides, I'm never around anymore so no one even knows who the hell I am. Not that I am anybody

IUI#4 = BFP!!

• imagekacelle:

imageSkyBee:

That isn't the reason I am supporting her. I have known Papps since before we found out about our IF. She has been a wonderful help through it all. I just thought people would leave it alone or answer and let it go because she is a reg. I tend to leave regs alone, simply because I know that if they write a post that is considered pointless, it is because they truely didn't see a previous post about the topic. They know better than to start aimless threads. I believe her that she didn't see previous threads on the topic.

• imagethekikimonster:

imageSkyBee:

The poop poll was also posted by a long time bumpie. Does she not deserve respect?

Hence the reason I didn't comment in the thread or call it out and say it was disgusting.

• imagebrookelynpaisley:
    None of them were meant to be hurtful. And they were meant to be fun. Again, where were you ladies when we were discussing this? I don't believe anyone said anything about there being a negative response.
    And if a non-reg had spoken up, we'd have been accused of policing and you'd have told us to STFU.

I don't necessarily agree, but then again, I am not one to tell people to STFU. I don't really care who is "policing". 

image image

Lilypie - (JIIT)

• imagekacelle:
    imagePapps:
    imagekacelle:

Ag

imageChancieMark:

Again, being a newb or a board reg has nothing to do with it. 

Very true. But it seems that people are jumping on it like I'm some newb who doesn't know any better. Trust me, I scanned the last few pages and there is nothing that stands out that this is an issue. Not everyone can be on here every single day to keep up with the glamorous life of the bumpie awards

IUI#4 = BFP!!

• imagejessuhmarie:
    imageSkyBee:
    imagekacelle:

imageSkyBee:

That isn't the reason I am supporting her. I have known Papps since before we found out about our IF. She has been a wonderful help through it all. I just thought people would leave it alone or answer and let it go because she is a reg. I tend to leave regs alone, simply because I know that if they write a post that is considered pointless, it is because they truely didn't see a previous post about the topic. They know better than to start aimless threads. I believe her that she didn't see previous threads on the topic.

That logic is.. well, it isn't logical. The whole thread below (in case you missed it: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/3/65590537/ShowThread.aspx) says basically the same stuff OP is saying. She's beating a dead horse. Her being an older reg or a newbie makes no difference. The topic is being discussed below. BTW, the original thread with the categories has been bumped up every day (and several times a day) since it was started.

I personally would have just posted this as a reply to begin with then. :) That link would have been a helpful reply!

• imageChancieMark:

Here's the thing, I feel absolutely horrible about everything hence my being upset that we had to make a whole new thread about this.

I understand you didn't know Papps and that is fine (I assumed you saw it) it just seems like there's a lot of "Omg yes, I thought this was a bad idea from the start" Which is upsetting because I asked for everyone's opinion and no one said a word until I got called out for my ignorance. Then it turned into a free for all to sh*t on me.

You shouldn't feel bad. If no one speaks up, it isn't really your problem. I just think this whole thing could have been avoided if someone had provided a link to begin with for Papps.

• imagejessuhmarie:
    imageSkyBee:

I personally would have just posted this as a reply to begin with then. :) That link would have been a helpful reply!

What???? That is the thread literally two under this one.. It also has a bunch of replies/views and a big read star on it. It's not easy to miss when skimming the board

There are a lot of awards posts with big stars on them. I am sure lurking grads don't spend all their bumping time siphoning through posts to see if that topic has already been covered. That being said, it isn't really a big deal. The question got answered.

• imageChancieMark:

Here's the thing, I feel absolutely horrible about everything hence my being upset that we had to make a whole new thread about this.

I understand you didn't know Papps and that is fine (I assumed you saw it) it just seems like there's a lot of "Omg yes, I thought this was a bad idea from the start" Which is upsetting because I asked for everyone's opinion and no one said a word until I got called out for my ignorance. Then it turned into a free for all to sh*t on me.

Totally my bad for not being here regularly, I've already admitted to it. Jessuhmarie was the first one to actually be helpful and post a link, thought I did look through it. I still think there are other awards that are equally offensive besides that one, and when I did my "research" by going back, I saw nothing about it. So I thought I would ask :)

My guess is I will now probably be voted the most bitchy bumpie Cool TTGP will never change. The only reason I brought up my post count is because some people tried to treat me like a stupid newb.  I think I'll sit back and just let this thread die. Smile

IUI#4 = BFP!!

• imagejessuhmarie:
    imageSkyBee:
    imagejessuhmarie:
    imageSkyBee:

What???? That is the thread literally two under this one.. It also has a bunch of replies/views and a big read star on it. It's not easy to miss when skimming the board

There are a lot of awards posts with big stars on them. I am sure lurking grads don't spend all their bumping time siphoning through posts to see if that topic has already been covered. That being said, it isn't really a big deal. The question got answered.

If you don't read other posts, then don't be upset when someone points out that the topic was already thoroughly discussed, newbie or reg. I like Papps and I haven't really formed an opinion on you bc you've just re-joined and I haven't been as active lately. I hope you don't think I don't like either of you. Just pointing out that this topic is right under this post (;

Papps, apologies were made and other negative topics will not be voted on.

Right back at ya! I pretty much like every one on this board...... well except that girl that commented on our DS and that he was conceived via a donor......... every one else is great by me!

• imagejessuhmarie:
    imageSkyBee:
    imagejessuhmarie:
    imageSkyBee:

If you don't read other posts, then don't be upset when someone points out that the topic was already thoroughly discussed, newbie or reg. I like Papps and I haven't really formed an opinion on you bc you've just re-joined and I haven't been as active lately. I hope you don't think I don't like either of you. Just pointing out that this topic is right under this post (;

Papps, apologies were made and other negative topics will not be voted on.

Thank you for this. From my lurking I didn't not see this. I saw everything else possible, but not that! ::goes back to lurking::

IUI#4 = BFP!!

• SkyBeeSkyBee member
    imagejessuhmarie:
    imageSkyBee:

Right back at ya! I pretty much like every one on this board...... well except that girl that commented on our DS and that he was conceived via a donor......... every one else is great by me!

Yeah.. I didn't even touch that post.. I'm really sorry that all of that was said!

It's okay. I was expecting a rocky intro after what happened last year..... just not that comment. I get really upset when people bring DS into anything. He is my everything! 

• SkyBeeSkyBee member
    imagejessuhmarie:
    imageSkyBee:
    imagejessuhmarie:
    imageSkyBee:

Yeah.. I didn't even touch that post.. I'm really sorry that all of that was said!

It's okay. I was expecting a rocky intro after what happened last year..... just not that comment. I get really upset when people bring DS into anything. He is my everything! 

And I want to squeeze him and his adorable laugh :P

Thanks! He is a doll :)

• ajetterajetter member
    imageChancieMark:

I'm sorry you are feeling crappy about all this :(.  I definitely don't think any of it is your fault.  Nobody spoke up or suggested it was a bad idea.  At all.  For the record I think you're pretty awesome :).

• imageajetter:
    imageChancieMark:

I'm sorry you are feeling crappy about all this :(.  I definitely don't think any of it is your fault.  Nobody spoke up or suggested it was a bad idea.  At all.  For the record I think you're pretty awesome :).

I agree with AJ, Chancie......I think you're pretty awesome and none of this is your fault....

party-fails-crunk-critters-bruce-isnt-good-with-tequila
    see more After 12
    Just because something isn't happening for you right now doesn't mean it will never happen.
    IUI #1 - BFN IUI #2 - BFN
    IVF - Starting injects May 25 IVF #1 - BFP!
  • Liz4444Liz4444 member
    I would love to see the poop post!  Papps, I'll get crystal to work on the biitchiest bumpie badge for you.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• imageChancieMark:
    I remember you PappsMcGee, no newb thoughts from me :)

Me too. The red shoes and the yellow brick road are hard to forget 

• Liz4444Liz4444 member
    imageLindsRockies:

imageLiz4444:
    I would love to see the poop post!  Papps, I'll get crystal to work on the biitchiest bumpie badge for you.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/65495896/ShowThread.aspx

I really don't get why some people got so pissed about this one.  Sense of humor people.

That is fantastic! 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• imageSkyBee:
    imagejessuhmarie:
    imageSkyBee:

Ahh yes...you did go out with a bang.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How the hell did the poop post get brought up AGAIN in the midst of all this other ridiculous nonsense?!?!

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...