October 2012 Moms

I bought 2 diaper bags this morning, somebody stop me!

And we already have two from DS!  But one is DH's "manly" bag and the other is a PPB that I hate!  

So for this baby I knew I wanted something new (I love purses/bags in general!)

Well, I had been looking at the Skip Hop bags. Target had the Versa on sale today and Gilt had the Studio Tote on sale and I bought both b/c I'm torn about which one I want!  My plan is to return my least favorite one though I promise, lol!

Anyone else have too many diaper bags out there!?!? 

Re: I bought 2 diaper bags this morning, somebody stop me!

• I love bags but don't love diaper bags!!! I will likely buy some large totes instead.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• mind if I ask what style of PPB you have and what you don't like about it?? That's a frontrunner for me right now!!
  • Loading the player...
  • We have three.  Two I bought when I was pregnant with DD (a large and small one).  We still use the small one if we need to be conscious about space or how long we'll be carrying it.  The big one I didn't like once DD came so I splurged and bought a Skip Hop Studio bag.  I love it!  I definitely plan to continue using it for this LO.  I don't know if I'll buy any more this time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• imagehmarie05:
    mind if I ask what style of PPB you have and what you don't like about it?? That's a frontrunner for me right now!!

I have the Boxy Backpack, and here are my list of complaints :)

1. First the fabric, it snagged a lot.  Not a huge deal and now they have the "waxy" kind which would be much better than mine.

2.  The velcro closure is LOUD!  Sometimes you need to open the bag with a sleeping baby around and it woke DS up a lot

3.  There are two bottle pockets on the outside which is great, but they are not insulated.  again not a huge deal but it would be nice.

4.  No other outside pockets.  I am going with the Skip Hop this time b/c it has several outside pockets for easy access to my keys, phone, lip gloss, etc.

5.  The pockets on the inside are nice, but I would have issues with actually fitting more than just a small item per pocket.

6.  and then there is really just the one big space on the inside for big stuff like clothes, extra blanket, burp cloths, etc.  And if you need to put a lot of stuff in the bag, then you have trouble finding what you are looking for and this makes the issue with getting items in/out of the other pockets worse.

Now this could just be me.  Maybe I carry too much stuff!  But when I want to combine diaper bag with my needs I just never had enough room.

Hope this helps!   

• imageMrs.G123:
    I love bags but don't love diaper bags!!! I will likely buy some large totes instead.

Yeah, I understand that.  I just like a lot of pockets and what-not and diaper bags usually have a lot of them! 

• imagedanienross:
    We have three.  Two I bought when I was pregnant with DD (a large and small one).  We still use the small one if we need to be conscious about space or how long we'll be carrying it.  The big one I didn't like once DD came so I splurged and bought a Skip Hop Studio bag.  I love it!  I definitely plan to continue using it for this LO.  I don't know if I'll buy any more this time.

Glad to know you love the Studio!  That's the one I think is going to be my favorite b/c of Size!!! 

• I have 3 that I rotate between and 2 sitting in my closet collecting dust. My favorite is a yellow OiOi diaper bag, it looks just like a purse and fits a ton of stuff in it.

I got most of them on babysteals so luckily I haven't spent too much money on them. DH thinks I have a serious problem! LOL

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD - July 2011

DS - Sept 2012

• blueraine00:  I guess that's why I don't worry too much about my "problem" either.  I got the PPB on some kind of deal site for pretty cheap.  And then I got the Versa today for about $20 off regular price and the Studio for 50% off, I just couldn't pass those deals up!  
  • I got a Versa for my birthday and I really like it.  It's definitely going to be big enough for 2 kids, which was why I wanted a new bag (well that was my excuse to get a new one anyway).  I considered the Studio, too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • CnAnACnAnA member

So, um, does it make me a bad future mom that I haven't even actually put any serious thought into a diaper bag? LOL  I mean, I know I will need one, but I just haven't thought that far ahead.  I've kinda looked before, but I just don't like any that I've seen!  I want the Bag of Holding from thinkgeek, I think.  No outside pockets, but from what I hear, it's pretty much amazing as a carry-all type thing, so I'm assuming that would work as a diaper bag, right?

(I'm sorry, is my clueless showing again?)

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"