Trouble TTC

It's decided..

So we got the results back for DH 2nd SA and the results were better than the first two months ago but it is still not considered "normal" But really what is normal? His morphology and motility are very low. Anyways after much discussion with my Dr. and my DH we have decided to go ahead with a cycle of 100mg of Clomid and IUI this cycle.  I am really nervous......what should I expect with all of this?  Any tips, things not to do, things to do?  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: It's decided..

• How low is your DH's low for morphology and motility?  (I'm sort of selfishly answering because we were told DH was too low in both to even make IUI a possibility.)

I don't have any clomid tips, but good luck and make sure you're getting faithfully monitored! 

Baking Blog | TTC Blog | Pinterest
    TTC #1 since October 2010 | Began Testing in January 2012
    DH SA - low motility with 0% morph; varicocele (repaired); low T (on Clomid)
    IVF w/ICSI (long Lupron w/ Repronex and Follistim) in September 2012

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I'm also curious what the numbers were. My DH's 2 SAs had a morph of 5 and a morph of 6. But our RE thinks we should give TI a chance.

• Loading the player...
  • Overall IUIs are pretty easy - it's like getting an annual OB exam in my opinion. You get into stirrups, they insert a catheter, and put the little guys up there. I find my anxiety is over the entire cycle in general - I've said it many times, but I can't believe to this day that people get pregnant by accident! It's so insane all of the things that have to be just right in order for a baby to be made....my best advice is to try and stay busy throughout your cycle and monitoring (I assume you're being monitored, right?). The IUI is the easy part, stressing beforehand (at least for me) is the difficult part of everything. GL with your IUI!

PS. I'm curious about your DH #s also - mine has excellent volume and motility, but 5% morph and RE seemed to think we were ok with TI.....was his motility severely low or borderline?

TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014
  • Good luck Effed!!!!!  Hopefully this is the extra boost you need!

I dont have IUI advice, but the clomid advice is to take it at night (which I'm sure you've heard before) and maybe invest in a cute fan (the hot flashes are for real) and hug your husband and apologize in advance for any clomid crazies.

Did you do 50mgs already?  Or just starting with 100mg right off the bat?

• Thanks everyone.... Yes I am being monitored while on the clomid, I made sure of it.  This is my second cycle with it Sumo we did do 50mg two months ago with timed intercourse. His numbers were 6% morph and motility of 38%. But his count was 59 million The results were a little better this time from two months ago but not by much.   We were gonna try another round of timed intercourse  with 100mg of clomid but my Dr. suggested IUI would give us a better chance. I am really nervous and excited all at the same time.  
  • Good luck!! :)
  • imageEFD32:
    Thanks everyone.... Yes I am being monitored while on the clomid, I made sure of it.  This is my second cycle with it Sumo we did do 50mg two months ago with timed intercourse. His numbers were 6% morph and motility of 38%. But his count was 59 million The results were a little better this time from two months ago but not by much.   We were gonna try another round of timed intercourse  with 100mg of clomid but my Dr. suggested IUI would give us a better chance. I am really nervous and excited all at the same time.  

Absolutely!! An IUI sounds like a great decision!  I'm hopeful for you!!!  GL!

• I don't have any advice, just *hugs!*  And good luck! :)
    TTC #1 ♥ since 1/11 
    BFP #1 8/21/11 - EDD 5/1/12 - M/C 9/25/11 ♥ BFP #2 11/17/11 - EDD 8/1/12 - C/P 11/20/11
    DH (37) SA = mediocre  Me (31) Low AMH/DOR, Septate Uterus (repaired via Hysteroscopy)
    IUI 1-3 = 3 BFNs ♥ IVF 11/12 = BFFN :( ♥ IUI 4 + Injects 1/13 = BFN :(IUI 5 + Injects = cancelled due to cyst
    BFP #3 - 3/9/13 ♥ EDD 11/21/13 Break cycle miracle! ♥ Stick baby, stick!!  IT'S A GIRL!
    Caitlyn Emma born 11-6-13, 5lb 7.5oz, 18.5in

♥ Congrats BFPB HuskyMomma94, David arrived 4/26/12!  And #2 due 3/10/14! ♥
    ♥ Luck and love BFPB siple1am!! ♥

image image 
    image image image
    My Chart ♥ My Blog  Magic Love!!  ITFB Love!!
    ♥ Everyone Welcome 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"