Late Term and Child Loss
Options

weird dream

I had a dream last night that I just can't shake.  In the dream we had a baby, but it wasn't baby Gary.  It was another boy and he was about 5 months old.  I also got the feeling in the dream that it wasn't actually my baby but someone else's and that I wasn't supposed to have him.  Throughout the entire dream I was trying to elude the police because they were trying to take "my" baby.  I woke up when they finally caught up with me and I was begging them to let me keep him and my DH kept saying "They were never meant to be ours."  I haven't had a baby dream since the week after we lost baby Gary.  I don't know why this would come up for me now... no milestones, no new babies, no anything.  Our psyches can be so strange. 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: weird dream

• Options
    I've had such strange dreams since losing Jacob, a couple of baby ones. And sometimes I just can't shake them. Soon after we were home from the hospital I had a dream that we were in the hospital and part of hospital's "healing process" was making us hold newborns that were just delivered. The dream was awful!! It stayed with me for days. Some of my other dreams have been so strange I went to a website that gave meaning to dreams...wild how right on it was!!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Funny you should mention this! I had a dream last night, my first dream of a living baby since Nathaniel died. It was a chubby lil blond boy, about 6 months old. He was sitting up & I got to pick him up. I remember being amazed at him, and wondering "Is this Nathaniel?" but I wasn't really sure. It was just such a strong and amazing feeling, like I was being given a second chance or something.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"