April 2012 Moms
Options

Painful let down anyone?

As I have mentioned before I have to pump for breastmilk.  Almost since day one let down has been fairly painful.  At first I thought this was normal, but after talking to few of my friends and relatives let down feels "strange", but not painful.  Most of the time I have let down it hurts so bad I cross my arms over my breasts and kind of double over.  I do it even if I'm in public!  It hurts that much and always takes me by suprise. Let down normally happens when Pilar cries, but sometimes it is just random. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Painful let down anyone?

• Options
    I have a pretty painful letdown too. I get it when either kid cries and it tingles and then hurts. I didn't know that it wasn't normal 
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Options
    The tingling is normal, but it shouldn't hurt according to what I've read.  It can be caused by yeast and over supply, but I don't think those are my reasons. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Painful letdown is normal, it gets posted on the BF board quite a bit.  It probably won't stay that way forever though.  It was like that for me after DS was born but it stopped hurting around 6-8 weeks.  After that it was just a light tingling feeling.  Mine is the same now with DD, kind of painful for a few seconds and then it goes away.  I'm expecting that will change again eventually, like it did with DS.

Random letdown is completely normal too and that probably won't last forever either.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I never had pain with my first two. But this time around, it hurts every time. Not horrible, but definite pain. Good to hear that it might go away in a few weeks. Fingers crossed.
    Mom to little frog 8/07, Lucky Duck 5/10, & Little Lion 4/12
  • Options
    I hope the pain goes away!  If it doesn't there is no way I can keep this up.  I hate pumping.  I did find several websites that said let down should not be painful and could be a symptom of other issues.  I think I'll call the doctors office tomorrow and see if I can find out more info.  If it gets better in week 6 or so I can take it for a little longer. Part of me just hopes that I can start producing enough to not have to supplement.  I was thinking that the pain might have to do with the pumping.  Last night after I pumped I had veins popping out of my breasts!
  • Options
    Mine varies between painful and uncomfortable but I am having oversupply issues that I am trying to remedy. 

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"