Babies on the Brain

How long to adjust to new glasses?

I got new glasses and contacts about 3 weeks ago. The eye dr made the comment that my eyes hadn't changed very much. I got my contacts through the eye dr but the glasses from eyemart express. Normally I'd expect a bit of an adjustment period with new glasses, even if the prescription hadn't changed a lot. I've given them 3 weeks, and I still can't really wear the glasses for more than a few hours. I've had them on for about 2 hrs now, and I'm still getting dizzy and having trouble focusing if I move my eyes from something close to something far away. I'll have a raging headache if I wear them for too much longer. 

This is the first time I've gotten polycarbonate lenses-could that account for the longer adjustment period? Or should I take the glasses back and ask them to double-check the lenses? It's very disorienting. It seems to be more of a problem if I'm using a computer. I don't remember it taking more than a week in the past to adjust.

imageimage
7,065/13,000=54.3%
Started TTC in June 2008. Not bothering any more.

Bonafide thread killah

Re: How long to adjust to new glasses?

• I was told it can take about up to a week from a Target Optical I went to years ago... b/c the glasses I got I could not see a darn thing out of... well, after trying to get used to them for over a month, I took them somewhere else, and they totally screwed up my prescription of the lenses.  By the time I got them checked out, it was 'too late' for Target to do anything about it I guess... I was pissed, they cost almost $200...

I say since its been almost nearing a month now, I would go in and have them check the prescription!!!

and thanks... this has served as a reminder that I need to order my contacts today ;) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd say no more than a week. I knew within a day when my new contact prescription wasn't right. That sucks. Hope they can fix it for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with giving it about a week. See if they'll take a look at them or fix them for you.

"I stammered, unable to form a coherent thought because I have a vagina."

• I just had to change over to my contacts. I made it a whole 2.5 hours or so. Now I get the adjustment period to the contacts, which hopefully won't take more than 20-30 mins.
    imageimage
    7,065/13,000=54.3%

Bonafide thread killah
  • I'll take them back today or tomorrow. Hopefully they won't give me too much of a hassle about it.
    imageimage
    7,065/13,000=54.3%

Bonafide thread killah
  • imagebiomaj5:
    I'll take them back today or tomorrow. Hopefully they won't give me too much of a hassle about it.

I think that's a good idea. If you're still having problems at 3 weeks, there's probably something going on - whether with your eyes or just a wonky prescription.

I hope everything works out soon! 

BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I agree with the others - it usually only takes me a few days or a week at most. Good luck getting them fixed!
    imageimage After 2 years of trying with PCOS, 7 rounds of Clomid/Femara, and 2 early miscarriages, we finally found success. :) Due on April 24, 2013! Beta 1 (16 dpo): 477, Beta 2 (19 dpo): 1568, Beta 3 (21 dpo): 3560 Aug 24 - 5w ultrasound - 1 8mm gestational sac Aug 31 - 6w ultrasound - 1 empty 15 mm gestational sac - possible blighted ovum - Beta 41,716 Sept 7 - 7w ultrasound - 2 sacs, heart beats, and fetal poles - TWINS!! Baby A measuring 6w4d, Baby B measuring 6w6d BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"