April 2012 Moms
Options

What did your babies wear home from the hospital?

Since most of you have been there, done that. What did you end up bringing your LO home in? Also, what size? Since i'm late now, i just added some 0-3 size stuff instead of NB stuff, just in case.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac

Re: What did your babies wear home from the hospital?

• Options

Picture is kind of warped but here he is. He weight 8lb 15oz and this was a NB size but seems to be a bit bigger than normal NBs....

imagepregnancy
  • Options
    We had a little footed outfit. It was green striped and had a frog on the tushy. It was a newborn size - he was a 36 Weeker. He wore newborn clothes until he was 3 weeks old - then went to 0-3. Now at 5 weeks he is in 3 month clothes 

BFP #1 - 04/11/2011 - EDD: 12/22/2011 -Natural MC 5/18/2011 @ 8w6d BFP

BFP #2 - 08/12/2011 - EDD: 04/21/2012 1st U/S 9/12/2011 - Healthy baby seen -- Heartbeat at 166!

BFP #3 - 08/02/2014 - EDD: 04/09/2015 ---Prayers for a take home baby

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO was born at 8 lbs 3 oz and left the hospital weighing 7.10. We took her home in a newborn Carter's outfit. At her two week appt. she weighed 8.13. Now she is 3 weeks old and still wearing NB. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSclines2595:
    We had a little footed outfit. It was green striped and had a frog on the tushy. It was a newborn size - he was a 36 Weeker. He wore newborn clothes until he was 3 weeks old - then went to 0-3. Now at 5 weeks he is in 3 month clothes 

Wow! Micah is almost 2 months and is just starting to fit into 0-3. He's still in NB pants though. He went home in a 0-3 sleeper only because that's the last outfit the NICU nurse chose before he was discharged. It was too big, but we didn't care. He was only 5lbs 7ounces by then though. He's 9 pounds now.

Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My DD wore a 3 month ladybug sleeper with a cute little red hat with black dots and little antennas. (She was 22" at birth, and didn't really fit in the NB sleepers if she straightened her legs.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a footed outfit with the covered hands but she ended up in a onesie. She had IVs from antibiotics and a last minute test that had to be done so I couldn't cover her hands or feet and she's still in NB size. I'm glad I brought extra stuff. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options

We had a NB and a 0-3 outfit, just in case.  When he came out, everyone told us he'd be too big for NB clothes, so we put him in the 0-3 outfit, which he proceeded to pee in.  So DH had to go home and get another outfit, he picked a Gymboree sleeper with a baby lion on it.  Turns out the NB outfit would have fit him just fine! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DD wore this home from the hospital, newborn size:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• Options
    Just a white onesie
  • Options

imagegreenkitty98:
    My DD wore a 3 month ladybug sleeper with a cute little red hat with black dots and little antennas. (She was 22" at birth, and didn't really fit in the NB sleepers if she straightened her legs.)

I have this! My DH picked it out for her!

It's so hard! My DS2 was 8#13 at birth and came home in a nb outfit. He even wore NB for a few weeks after that. I feel like now, I have a drawer full of NB stuff and she's not going to fit into any of it. They said she was 7lb2oz at 37 weeks... which I know can be off. I'm hoping she's about 8-8.5.

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • Options
    Ds came home in a 0 -3 month University of KY sleeper, dh picked it out.
  • Options

I originally lived in Georgia and expected warm weather so I'd had a cute Carters NB onesie dress dealie with a cardigan that I'd planned on her wearing. But it was freezing in Chicago when I left the hospital and she ended up in a NB footed pajama that she was swimming in since by the time we left the hospital she was 5lb 9oz. 

At one month she's still in NB and has lots of room. We just graduated to NB diapers and still have issues with them being a bit big for her. 

• Options

This was a preemie dress.  I think she was 6 lbs 12 oz here. NB onesies fit okay. Anything else was (and still is at 7 lbs 5 oz as of Fri.) too big.

eta: oh yeah, and she was 4 days late.

• Options

imagegreenkitty98:

We totally brought that outfit to wear home in case the NB stuff didn't fit. We wore it the first time the other day (mommy was sad that it fit) But, we wore a 2 piece outfit with a cute little elephant on the front. The 2 piece was nice in some ways while she had her cord stump, but I hate how the ride up in the back all the time.

• Options

We had this outfit in 0-3 months from The Children's Place.

I'm so glad it was a 0-3 months because I have my grave doubts that she would have fit anything newborn, since she weighed 8lbs 8 oz. 

#1-BFP 08-22-09 ~ M/C 08-31-09 at 5 weeks 6 days
    #2-BFP 08-6-11 ~ Due 04/18 ~ born via c-section April 22, 2012
    My Blog
  • Options
    Born at 8lbs 8oz and dropped to 7lbs 11oz by the time we left. She wore a nb footed sleeper and hat (in sig pic if you can see any of it) and it fit fine. 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options

Well we weren't planning on having such a tiny little peanut (5lbs 13oz) so she's drowning in this outfit but this is our little Emerson on the day we took her home! :) Both the cardigan and dress were 0-3 month. I probably could have gotten away with a preemie outfit but who would've guessed that!

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

• Options
    imageLuvmy2sons:

imagegreenkitty98:

I have this! My DH picked it out for her!

It's so hard! My DS2 was 8#13 at birth and came home in a nb outfit. He even wore NB for a few weeks after that. I feel like now, I have a drawer full of NB stuff and she's not going to fit into any of it. They said she was 7lb2oz at 37 weeks... which I know can be off. I'm hoping she's about 8-8.5.

imagevtwd40:

We totally brought that outfit to wear home in case the NB stuff didn't fit. We wore it the first time the other day (mommy was sad that it fit) But, we wore a 2 piece outfit with a cute little elephant on the front. The 2 piece was nice in some ways while she had her cord stump, but I hate how the ride up in the back all the time.

I'm sad that it probably isn't going to fit her much longer. She is starting another growth spurt, and if she gets any longer it won't fit anymore. We also had the onesie and pant set that came with the sleeper at the hospital, but she peed up the back of that onesie on our second night (those nb diapers were really too small on her, but that's what the hospital had).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"