September 2012 Moms

Monday pet peeves...have at it!

irritated right now at the following:

a) bad drivers who think that it's okay to FLY past me and then give ME the finger for going the speed limit

b) people who use their children's picture as their profile picture on Facebook. i'm sorry if that fits any of you, but it just irritates me. use your baby's picture as your cover photo on Timeline if you want, but not your profile picture! it just irks me...

c) getting the side-eye from people at local fast-food places when i order the fish sandwich and a regular coke for lunch. puh-LEEZE leave my food selections alone...my cravings are not your business, nor is my ever-growing baby bump.

ahh...i feel better. anyone else need to get something off their chest?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Marian Abigail :: born 9-16-2012 via emergency C/S
BFP on 11-14-2014, aiming for a VBAC

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Monday pet peeves...have at it!

• I hate hate hate the sound of people chewing...It is at an all time high right now and I hate that I need to wear head phones everytime someone decides to eat in the office.

PS kuddos for being able to eat fish, I wish I could stand the smell

Married to my best friend and mom to Calvin, 18 months old. We are so excited to being having Baby #2 (due on our 4 year anniversary)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pregnancy related - people who say, "You're CRAZY!" or "OMG, I could never, ever do that - too much to plan!" "What?! Why? It's a surprise whether you find out at 20 weeks or at birth," when they find out we're not finding out the sex of the baby. Whatever. I don't ask you "WHY? For the love of God, WHY? That's no fun," when you do find out.

Also, people who don't have any kids yet who make generalizations about parenting or throw out those "I would NEVER..." Mmmkay. Come back in a year and let me know how that worked out for you. This is compounded in the annoying factor when they cite their "experience" with their nephew or kids they "used to babysit." Come on.

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagerachelandjon09:

irritated right now at the following:

a) bad drivers who think that it's okay to FLY past me and then give ME the finger for going the speed limit

This annoys me to no end.

2.0 is on the way! EDD: 2/24/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • People who feel the need to tell me how much worse my pregnancy is going to get or how much more miserable I am going to be come August.  Like I don't already know that.  The most annoying is, "It's going to be a looong nine months if you are already..."

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • I don't have a huge bump yet, but I have put on a few pounds and my belly is definitely bigger...that being said when people find out that I am pregnant and say things like, "are you sure you are pregnant?" or "you can't even tell" I want to say thanks for letting me know I always looked this fat!?!?  I am ready to be out of this awkward stage
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When people use this board as their own personal blog. Huh?
  • imageIBackBevo:

People who feel the need to tell me how much worse my pregnancy is going to get or how much more miserable I am going to be come August.  Like I don't already know that.  The most annoying is, "It's going to be a looong nine months if you are already..."

THIS! as if i don't know that the weather gets hot in the summer...i'm not a dumb bunny! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Marian Abigail :: born 9-16-2012 via emergency C/S
    BFP on 11-14-2014, aiming for a VBAC

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageTheMcCombies:

Also, people who don't have any kids yet who make generalizations about parenting or throw out those "I would NEVER..." Mmmkay. Come back in a year and let me know how that worked out for you. This is compounded in the annoying factor when they cite their "experience" with their nephew or kids they "used to babysit." Come on.

Oh my god, this!

My BF of a hundred years has never even had a goldfish and is constantly offering me parenting and pregnancy advice. I normally can take it in the spirit offered and just smile and nod but something about the hormones this time, I have to limit my time around her as I am afraid I will lose it and smack the crap out of her!

• I got a baby shower invite for my girlfriend's SECOND baby and in addition to registering for gift cards, the invite says you can also gift her "diapers, wipes, and gift certificates."  How effing rude are you?? And the shower is from 2-4 pm.  Normally, this wouldn't get me so much, but with all the other BS, it just kind of seems like "drop off your gift and get out." 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • when people do not post a picture of what they are selling on craigslist.

"no really, this stroller is in LIKE NEW condition, barely used" take my word for it excuse with the 'I can't find my camera' line as well...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"