August 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone in a physical job struggling yet?

I work in physical rehab/health care and I'm struggling with work.  I was fine up until about 2 weeks ago... worried about how the next 10 weeks will go (and I get to leave a month before my due date!!)  How are all you ladies doing it?  
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary

Re: Anyone in a physical job struggling yet?

• Options
    HEY I've just posted my 500th post, nice.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary

• Options
    I'm a teacher and what's gotten harder is the exhaustion and dropping things and not being able to pick them up. Swollen feet has led me to wearing sneakers all the time. Hope you make it! I have about 33 days left.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a hairstylist and shampooing is completely impossible now. Cutting is getting close too. I was hoping to work as long as possible but I'm not sure if that's going to happen.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Yes! I work 6-8 hr shifts in my feet and even with comfortable shoes my back is feeling the strain. Glad I'm not the only one! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/24/10
    T TTC 8/10, DX PCOS 9/10
    Miracle BFP during meds break 12/11/11
    Henry Robert born 8/26/12!
  • Options
    I am a health assistant in a medically handicapped classroom.  Our kids go through 8 or 9 position changes a day, not including diaper changes.  Our largest child is about 60 lbs.  It's starting to get really difficult to lift.  My back is aching by the time I get home.  But school gets out June 6th, so I will have a good break before having little man.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker image
  • Options

I'm mostly a lurker here, but YES!!!  

I'm 24w5d & I'm a FT small animal veterinarian... I work 10-12 hour days on my feet, which is becoming increasingly difficult.  Because we're understaffed in my hospital, though, I also spend a lot of time doing awkward bending & crawling around on the ground - down on all fours doing nail trims on large dogs, squatting for extending periods of time while examining large breed dogs (we don't have lift tables and I don't always have an assistant who can lift patients for me), etc.  THAT is the hardest par!  I get lightheaded when having to squat on the floor for extended periods of time, and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to get stuck down there one of these days!

Currently working with my doctor & HR to see what we can do in order to keep me working up to my due date without any injuries to me or my little one!! 

• Options
    I am on my feet at work for at least 8hrs a day and it can be tough some days. I get lightheaded occasionally. I did find that I get very restless sitting at home though... I had vacation last week ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am a baker and I'm on my feet all day, kneading breads and hauling around bags of flour and sugar, The only thing that really bothers me is the heat from the ovens, but even that isn't too bad. I just drink lots of water. I plan on working as long as I possibly can, so we'll see how that goes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I'm a hairstylist too and work 8-11 hour shifts that are getting to be hard on my feet, legs and back (in that order). My first job adjustment was to quit wearing heels (sad day), but flats seem to hurt me in a different way (grr). I will be cutting down my hours to 6-7 hour shifts starting in June (29 weeks) and hopefully that will help me continue to work until my maternity leave, which starts a week before I'm due!

The one other struggle of my job that is getting pretty trying is hearing every client's baby name ideas, parenting advice, and critique of my body. I just keep telling myself, "15 more weeks to not punch anybody, 15 more weeks to not punch anybody..."

• Options
    I am a nurse practitioner and have switched from business casual/business attire to mainly scrubs and tennis shoes doe to leg/foot pain and some minor swelling. It has helped some, but adding compression knee highs has helped tremendously with as much as I have to be on my feet!!! I try to sit as much as possible, but thankfully I don't have to do a lot of lifting/bending.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I work with students in wheelchairs.  I load and unload them on the bus (easy except for the 8 or so trips up and down the steep stairs:()  The thing that kills me, is that I have to sit in the very back of the bus for close to four hours a day.  And the bouncing KILLS my back.  By Wednesday I am in serious pain.  I am counting down the days until the end of June when school lets out and Im hoping that I can keep working until then.

• Options

I work with students in wheelchairs.  I load and unload them on the bus (easy except for the 8 or so trips up and down the steep stairs:()  The thing that kills me, is that I have to sit in the very back of the bus for close to four hours a day.  And the bouncing KILLS my back.  By Wednesday I am in serious pain.  I am counting down the days until the end of June when school lets out and Im hoping that I can keep working until then.

• Options
    I'm a toddler teacher and work 10 hr days. Between lifting my nuggets and being up and down all day, I'm exhausted and sore by the end of the day. By Fri (I have Mon off) my poor feeties are so swollen. GL on the next 3 months everyone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic C 5.14.08 c 8.9.12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"