Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Our am nap is a mess - 20-30min for last few days and no idea

DDs am naps over the last week have been awful.  She is awake for day at 6am (sometimes 5am and then she babbles till 6).  I put her down anywhere from 2-2.5hrs after she wakes and still get crap naps.

She has her first tooth coming and a cold but is sleeping fine at night so I don't understand what to do or what is going on.  Today she woke at 5:20.  I put her down at 8 -- she fussed till 8:20 and then woke at 8:40.  I guess she was over tired and I should have put her down at 7:30????  These early wakings suck and make it so hard to figure out when she's tired and ready for a nap -- not to mention it means we have a 3 or even 4 nap day because she's over tired and all the naps are short.

For about a month a solid three nap schedule was working and now I'm at a loss yet she doesn't seem ready for 2 naps since she still has a lot of short ones.  Her max awake before bed is 3.5hours and that means she needs naps to do to 3pm (bed is 6:30).  

I want to punch a wall... 

Re: Our am nap is a mess - 20-30min for last few days and no idea

• Options
    My son did that when he got his first tooth. And randomly he will just not nap well for a few days and then get right back on schedule. Maybe its not dark enough wherever she's taking her naps. It may be that the gum pain or cold is bothering her and waking her up and she won't go back to sleep because she can see. I put darker curtains in his room because if he wakes up during his nap and can see whats goin on there is no chance hes going back to sleep. Do you have a white noise machine or fan that blows? That helps too.
    Mommy of two
  • Options
    o boy! My son is the same way right now pedi said him cutting teeth is a big part in shorter naps. My son sleeps all the way through the night bed time is at 9 and he wont wake up till about 8. But nap times r far, few and short during the day. The best way my husband and I have found to get him to take naps is right after he eats and with a fan a fuller belly gets him to sleep and the fan keeps him a sleep. normally hes a 3x napper but recently we take what ever naps he will go down for just to keep him from being a grump. good luck hope this helps!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"