Working Moms
Options

Monday Morning Vents?

Seeing the post below made me wonder if we should change the name of our weekly post to Happy Bleepin Monday.  =)

What's yours?

Me: I was getting the kids in the car this morning when I realized that DH left one of the booster seats in his car - and he'd already left!

I had to haul out an old car seat and wrestle with the latch system - grrrrrr!  Needless to say we were later than usual today. 

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

Re: Monday Morning Vents?

• Options

I think this one is almost worthy of its own post, but I'll put it here. YIKES! We're phone interviewing for a new English professor, and one of our applicants asked about racial diversity in our community (since we're really rural). Our VP said that the prison in our town makes our community more racially diverse because families move here to be near their "loved one" in the prison. Omg! And he said something like this to all three of the applicants we phone interviewed.

I about died!

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageshaindelr:

I think this one is almost worthy of its own post, but I'll put it here. YIKES! We're phone interviewing for a new English professor, and one of our applicants asked about racial diversity in our community (since we're really rural). Our VP said that the prison in our town makes our community more racially diverse because families move here to be near their "loved one" in the prison. Omg! And he said something like this to all three of the applicants we phone interviewed.

I about died!

O...M...G! 

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageluvmagoldn:
    imageshaindelr:

I about died!

O...M...G! 

Oh, yes. Apparently, if you see African American people in our town, it's because they moved here to be near a family member in the prison. *face palm*

Once, a student drew a swastika in feces on the bathroom wall, and I demanded that it be taken seriously; someone from HR came to ask me how students knew I was Jewish...and then mentioned Holocaust deniers. As in, "Our students might not even know about the Holocaust. A lot of people don't believe it even happened."

This place deserves its own TV show. Sorry for dominating the thread, but this place sometimes. YIKES!

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options
    imageshaindelr:
    imageluvmagoldn:
    imageshaindelr:

I about died!

O...M...G! 

Oh, yes. Apparently, if you see African American people in our town, it's because they moved here to be near a family member in the prison. *face palm*

Once, a student drew a swastika in feces on the bathroom wall, and I demanded that it be taken seriously; someone from HR came to ask me how students knew I was Jewish...and then mentioned Holocaust deniers. As in, "Our students might not even know about the Holocaust. A lot of people don't believe it even happened."

This place deserves its own TV show. Sorry for dominating the thread, but this place sometimes. YIKES!

Whoa. To both stories. Just . . . Wow.  

DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Options
    When I walked into our in home daycare this morning there was blood and broken glass on the stoop.  Apparently one of the other mommies went nuts punched out the poor daycare provider's window in her home on the door.  Now that mommy is banned and her kid is banned from daycare.  I would have asked more questions this morning, but I had my last exam for my doctorate and just barely caught the train on time. 
  • Options

imagePhDMomma:
    When I walked into our in home daycare this morning there was blood and broken glass on the stoop.  Apparently one of the other mommies went nuts punched out the poor daycare provider's window in her home on the door.  Now that mommy is banned and her kid is banned from daycare.  I would have asked more questions this morning, but I had my last exam for my doctorate and just barely caught the train on time. 

Omg! I'm so sorry. I would have been freaked out. I hope your exam went well! Congrats on being so close to the end of your PhD!

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options
    People that think I can't be an efficient employee and good mother at the same time with a baby. Seriously ticks me off, especially since no one even thinks to question my DH. Because being a women somehow makes me a bad parent for working. Ya, nothing big happened today just a build up of working mommy guilt thanks to getting stuck with others bad attitudes. I was almost crying a couple times today.
    DD born January 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"