3rd Trimester

38 weeks and baby hasnt dropped, vent

Im 38 weeks and the baby is sitting high up.  Does this mean he will be late?  My cervix is also still closed.  any chance of him dropping and me going on time?  I know FTM tend to go late i was just really hopeful i would go early or on time.  I know we are all going through this, sorry, just need to vent :)

Re: 38 weeks and baby hasnt dropped, vent

• Some people never drop. I had DS 2 days prior to his due date and had to be induced. i was only about 50% effaced and 2 cm dilated. Meanwhile, he had been head down since 30 weeks.

Now with DD, she dropped a couple weeks ago. It's different fro everyone so don't go by the baby dropping as a sure fire sign that you are ready to give birth or not ready. If you Google it, you'll see quite a range of women dropping early and not going into labor for a nother month or so and also the opposite.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO hasn't dropped yet either at 38 weeks, and my cervix is definitely not making any progress at this point.  Everyone is different and some babies never drop until you're in labor (ditto for the dilation).  Hang in there -- baby will come out eventually!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • DS never dropped. Wed I was 0/0. Fri my water broke. He was born on Sun, his due date. My sister's son never dropped either.
  • Hang in there! DS1 didn't drop until i was in labor at 40w2d. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS1 never dropped (I can show you pictures of what I looked like/how high he was the night before my water broke).  My water broke at 39 weeks, 3 days and he was born the next day (very early in the morning).  The only issues it caused: because I wasn't allowed out of bed at the craphole they call a hospital, he took forever to descend.  I pushed him out ALL THE WAY... which took 3.5 hours.  It didn't that long though.  It also meant that when my water broke, it was a GIANT gush and it just kept coming very fast since his head wasn't on my cervix to slow it down. 
  • I get your frustration... I still haven't dropped completely.  Though people at work tell me I have, but my Dr. says she's "still up high".  Ugh.  The last thing you want to hear... 

I have heard it's possible for LO to drop just before labor, so that's what I'm trying to hang onto.  I hope that's the case for both of us and it doesn't mean we'll go too late. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• ayamcayamc member
    At my 38 wk appointment last week I hadn't dropped (and still haven't) and my cervix was "very firm."  I was so upset. 
    If she isn't here by her due date (May 10th) I'll prob be induced on May 11...which is my cousins bday and that sent me over the edge the day of my appointment.  I want my baby to have her OWN day.  Not only that, but I don't want to be induced (how whiney do I sound?).  It also has me worried that she'll be a big baby and I start to think about having to have a c-section.  That is something I DO NOT WANT!  It makes me cry just thinking about it.
    I'm probably getting ahead of myself...can't help it!

But all that being said, I'm trying to stay hopeful.  There's still hope that she'll come at least by her due date!  But I know, she'll come just whenever she's ready. 

• I wouldn't worry too much.  Mine dropped 4 weeks ago, and here I still sit.  Your baby will come when he's ready to come.
  • I never dropped ! I had no dilation or efface meant then one day I started very subtle cramps that turned into full blown labor within an hour! I had my son  3 & a half hours later!!! I hear the dropping causes pressure, pain & vascular discomfort! Consider yourself lucky! I was 6 days late, but still, that had nothing to do with my dropping or not :) gl! 

• Mine has barely dropped and as of last Thursday (his DD) I was still closed.  

Not that that will make you feel any better, as I'll be 5 days over due in a few hours, but, hey, it's what's happening!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"