June 2011 Moms
Options

List your meals for LO

So I'm sure most of us have our go to food items we give LOs for lunch/dinner. I'm hoping we can share and some of us can find some new ideas! I feel like poor Callie gets the same things over and over.

For us:

Falafal balls
Veggie burgers
Turkey meatballs
Mixed veggies (carrots, corn, peas, green beans)
Pasta with sauce
Pasta with plain yogurt and veggie puree mixed in (we've tried pumpkin so far and she liked it. It sounds weird but she ate it)
Cheese (fresh mozz, cheese sticks)
Fruit cut up

~Chelsea~
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image"">imageimage

Re: List your meals for LO

• Options

I definitely give N the same shizz day in and day out.  Poor guy!

Breakfast is almost always either a pear or a banana and either a waffle or Os.

Burritos (found a pretty good organic brand - EVOL)
    Cheese
    Chicken
    Meatballs
    Edamame
    Peas
    Broccoli
    Avocado
    Hummus
    Pierogies
    Various sliced veggies
    Various sliced fruit

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Breakfast is always bread + fruit. So either toast/pancake/waffle whatever I have on hand, plus whatever cut up fruit I have (pears, strawberries, clementines, apples, blueberries)

Lunch is usually leftovers, but some of our go-tos for just her -

Steamed veggies (I always have carrots/zucchinni/broccoli on hand, they're her favorites and easy to steam and cut up a bunch at once and then just feed her out of the big tupperware of them all week!)

Pasta (I cook a bunch of quinoa pasta and can feed her from one bowl all week)

Grilled chicken (again, cook one breast, lasts several meals, I just keep it in the fridge and cut off pieces to feed her each day)

Low sodium deli turkey

Pita with hummus

crackers with peanut butter

fish (school won't let me send it, but we give it to her a lot at home, she loves it!)

Pasta salad - cold pasta, steamed veggies, oil, vinegar, seasonings all tossed together, you can add cheese/meat, I will make her a bowl of that and feed her off of it for days!

Pasta tossed with sauteed veggies/pesto (less messy than tomato sauce, good for school!)

At home we do a lot of cottage cheese and yogurt, but they're too messy to send. She also loves those applesauce packets, like the puree ones? She can suck it all straight out!

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Whatever we're eating. lol

Our go-tos in a pinch are things that are quick and easy:

• oatmeal pancakes
    • pbj sandwiches (just added that this weekend)
    • eggs
    • any fruit on hand
    • brocoli (I keep some chopped brocolli in 1 ounce portions in the freezer that I can heat in a hurry or bring with me out)

The sitter usually gives her whatever she's having for lunch too. So, I don't have to send meals or anything.  She'll eat pretty much anything we give her.  I do try to limit her salt intake though.

• Options

V eats the same thing for breakfast every work day - Applesauce, yogurt, and toast.

Lunch and dinner options:

Meatballs/meatloaf/burger made with beef or turkey

Grilled Chicken

Shredded turkey or ham (I have it frozen and thaw a little at a time for his lunches and dinners)

Roasted veggies: broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, potatoes, green peppers, sweet potatoes, butternut squash

Bread of some sort (pita, cracker, whole wheat) smeared with hummus

He had his first turkey sloppy joe this weekend and loved it

Elbow macaroni and cheese

Brown rice clumps

Diced pears or thin slices of apple

Scrambled eggs

Pancakes

• Options

The only thing I haven't seen anyone mention that we do is scrambled eggs.  Super easy and she loves them!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

We're pretty boring too. I'm doing my best to get our dinner cooked earlier now so he can just eat whatever we are having; in the past I've always waited to cook until he was in bed.

In general:

Breakfast - greek yogurt with either toast, french toast, pancake or eggs and fruit

Lunch - grilled cheese, quesadilla, pasta with veggies and fruit

Dinner - grilled veggies, pasta or rice, chicken or meatballs; We are just starting to give him whatever we're having and he pretty much loves everything.

• Options

You guys are making me feel terrible!  Ty doesn't get many table foods at all :(  

He does love tacos though (well, ground turkey with homemade seasoning (no salt!), cheese and cut tortillas! 

• Options
    Saving for ideas. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagecvl105:

So I'm sure most of us have our go to food items we give LOs for lunch/dinner. I'm hoping we can share and some of us can find some new ideas! I feel like poor Callie gets the same things over and over.

For us:

Falafal balls
    Veggie burgers
    Turkey meatballs
    Pasta with sauce
    Pasta with plain yogurt and veggie puree mixed in (we've tried pumpkin so far and she liked it. It sounds weird but she ate it)
    Fruit cut up

What are falafal balls?
  • Options
    imageJuneBugsMommy:
    imagecvl105:

For us:

Falafal balls
    Veggie burgers
    Turkey meatballs
    Pasta with sauce
    Fruit cut up

What are falafal balls?

ground chickpeas with some spices in them (I'm guessing they had some spices). I buy them already made in the vegetarian section in my supermarket.

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    klvklv member
    imagecvl105:
    imageJuneBugsMommy:
    imagecvl105:

For us:

Falafal balls
    Veggie burgers
    Turkey meatballs
    Pasta with sauce
    Fruit cut up

What are falafal balls?

ground chickpeas with some spices in them (I'm guessing they had some spices). I buy them already made in the vegetarian section in my supermarket.

Must find these! I think Hannah will love these!

• Options
    klvklv member

I posted something similar the other day. We are trying to get out of a food rut. Here is a list of what Hannah eats on a regular basis:

Carrots, peas, green beans, squash, sweet potato, applesauce, pears, banana, blueberries (only on bath night)

Ground turkey, chicken or meatballs

Pasta, toast, Cheerios, graham crackers, animal crackers, rice

I had avacado today with my taco salad and she loved that! I need to work that into the rotation more often. We are  a bit limited because she can't have soy or dairy so I am always looking to add new things to her diet

• Options

Telly...I'd love to know your taco seasoning recipe.  We love tacos here and it'd be nice not to have to just give her the plain ground turkey.

Breakfast is usually scrambled eggs, fruit (mostly blueberries or pears), and toast spread with greek yogurt.  Sometimes pancakes or waffles.

Lunch is often leftovers or a smorgasbord of this and that from the fridge:

macaroni with tomato sauce and steamed veggies- I always have cooked macaroni and steamed veggies like broccoli, peas, carrots, zucchini for the week, tofu, grilled cheese, Annie's mac and cheese, low-salt Amy's soups, eggs if she didn't have them for brekkie, avocado, fruit, meatballs, chix breast, veggie burgers

Dinner is whatever we are having...tonight it was chix/brocc stir fry but hers was just plain chix/brocc without the marinade since it is higher in sodium.  If we are eating something that doesn't work for her I usually just give her macaroni with sauce, steamed broccoli, and some shredded cheese, maybe some left over chicken or meatball if we have it.  

• Options
    imageklovesp95:

Telly...I'd love to know your taco seasoning recipe.  We love tacos here and it'd be nice not to have to just give her the plain ground turkey.

Not sure how Telly makes hers, but I make my own taco seasoning.  It's super easy: a little garlic powder, and a lot of chili powder and cumin (more cumin than chili).  I don't measure, just brown the meat and start adding to taste.  If it's a very lean meat I'll add water to help it dissolve.  To make it spicier I add cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, or spicy salsa.  Sometimes I'll throw some onion in there.

• Options
    Oh, and something I didn't see mentioned that is a go-to breakfast or snack item for us is frozen fruit.  I always have frozen blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, and peaches on hand.  I do defrost and mix them into yogurt or cottage cheese, but Maya's favorite way to eat them is frozen.  I cut them into smaller pieces and she goes to town on them.  For myself, I make spinach/ fruit smoothies with them and usually share some of my smoothie with M (on days she's willing to eat off a spoon b/c I don't put anything besides water in her sippy cup right now)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"