Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Lets face it, it is getting out of control!

I finally got my girls (6 months and 1 week old) sleeping in their cribs without swaddles.  For the most part they go down without any problem.  My problem comes later on at night with the waking up due to no paci being in their mouth (it has fallen out). 

I know a lot of you would say to lose the paci, but it really is a great way to sooth the girls a lot of the time.

I was up last night about 10 times replacing the pacis.  This is out of control...you all are shaking your heads!  So I guess instead of replacing the pacis, I need to do the cry it out and let them figure out how to sooth themselves back to sleep on their own.

Right?

Re: Lets face it, it is getting out of control!

• It took me a minute to realize you had twins! Lol, I need my coffee :). Anyway, we got rid of the paci for night time a while ago (4months) but he still gets it for naps, stroller and car rides. He sucks his thumb at night. It might be time for you to do lose it at night. It may take some crying and fussing but you all will be better in the end. We have no confusion with naps and bedtime. He knows the difference and can soothe himself just fine.
  • It might be time.  You could also snip the tip of it and they may wean themselves that way (it won't provide them with the good "suck" for comfort).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMs5586:
    It might be time.  You could also snip the tip of it and they may wean themselves that way (it won't provide them with the good "suck" for comfort).

Never heard this before.  Interesting.  Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my older son we got about 10 pacis and put them all around him in his crib so that no matter where he was, he could reach one and put it in his mouth himself.  We are considering this for our little guy very soon, as we are having a similar problem.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMommy to two angel babies, 6w4d on 10/21/08 and 8w2d on 2/22/09. I still think of you and miss you every day!
  • We had to let LO CIO since he was doing the same thing with the paci. We left about 3-4 in the crip and eventually he would sleep without it and he even finds them sometimes and puts them in himself so finally he sleeps through the night.
  • ugh I know how u feel for the first month my son was born every time he lost his binkie he would wake up but then we started using a fan in his room because the dr said it cuts down on SID and I guess the white noise would keep him asleep even after he lost his binkie. if they dont sleep with fans maybe give that a shot before taking there binkies. hope it helps good luck! =)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When DD would wake up and cry for her paci we would let her CIO for about 3 min and then if she didn't sooth herself some other way we'd go in and put it back in.  Then we'd extend it to 5 min.  It only took her about a couple of days to not cry for it in the middle of the night.  Now I just have a couple of pacis in there in case she wants them, she will either find it or not even care to have it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"