Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

7 DPO test results

And they weren't good.  She said she likes to see at least a 12 for progesterone and mine was a 6.9.  I'm glad we caught it so soon and hopefully the progesterone supplements will help.  If anyone has used them, did you have any bad side effects?  I'll be taking them from O until 14 DPO, I think.  Unless of course I get a positive test.

I charted when TTC my son nine years ago as well and I had textbook cycles with 13-14 day LPs every time and no spotting.  Just feeling a little old and "defective" tonight...

Re: 7 DPO test results

• Options

I take them, and even though I react poorly to hormones, I do pretty well with the progesterone. But I take them vaginally. What will you be taking? I use Prometrium, which is an oral pill that can cause SE orally, but is pretty benign when taken vaginally.

The best treatment for luteal phase problems and low progesterone though is Clomid. Stronger ovulation = stronger progesterone levels.  If your ovulation is not "strong" enough, taking all the progesterone supplements in the world won't help. Did you have any other testing done?

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options

With all those discarded temps, I would question the accuracy of the timing.

Either way, I take progesterone suppositories and other than some hot flashes the first month, I don't have any side effects besides leakage from the suppository.

Sorry to hear about the test results, hope the progesterone supps will help.

TTC #1 Since Feb 2012
    Me: 31, DH: 32
    Bloodwork, HSG, and SA = All Good

RE Cycle #1: 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, and TI = BFP on June 8!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Beta #1 115, Beta #2 244, 8 week ultrasound shows one beautiful gummy bear and heartbeat!

• Options

Thanks Kelly, no other testing yet.  We haven't been trying long yet, but I'm getting "old" and there was obviously an LP problem.  We'll just see how the progesterone goes for awhile.

Shayliz, FF discarded my temps because of a fever for a week, but once I was well my temp dropped back down, I had the darkest positive OPK I've ever seen , with EWCM and a temp jump on CD 18.  Pretty sure I O'd that day.

• Options
    imagekellyrn9956:

I take them, and even though I react poorly to hormones, I do pretty well with the progesterone. But I take them vaginally. What will you be taking? I use Prometrium, which is an oral pill that can cause SE orally, but is pretty benign when taken vaginally.

The best treatment for luteal phase problems and low progesterone though is Clomid. Stronger ovulation = stronger progesterone levels.  If your ovulation is not "strong" enough, taking all the progesterone supplements in the world won't help. Did you have any other testing done?

This. I had this conversation with my OB on Friday. He wants me to come in to get my progesterone tested and I asked what we would do if it was low, thinking he's suggest progesterone supplements, and he said Clomid because if you're not having strong ovualtion that is normally why you have low progesterone. It does make sense when he explained it that way.

BFP #1 3-1-12 EDD 11-11-12 Natural Miscarriage 3-19-12 / BFP #2 6-14-12 EDD 2-24-13 Chemical Pregnancy 6-20-12 / Homozygous a1298c MTHFR / Diagnosed Hypothyroidism (Hashimotos) / BFP #3 8-12-12; EDD 4-25-13 IT'S A GIRL! BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"