Trying to Get Pregnant

can someone explain the CM to me?

I've read multiple descriptions of what the cervical mucus is supposed to look like pre-ovulation, and mine never change that much. They said it goes from thick, white, to cloudy yellowish, to thin and clear.  that does not happen with me.

is this a sign of a fertility issue or normal??

and can you still have mucus once you have ovulated?

does the mucus stop after conception?

Re: can someone explain the CM to me?

• It isn't necessarily a sign of a fertility issue.  My CM doesn't match the typical "pattern" either.

Yes, you can still have mucus after ovulation.  It's typically less like EWCM or watery CM.

No, it doesn't stop after conception.   

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • I am only going by what I see, rather then checking internally. But I just wonder if mine doesn't change from thick to thin & clear, if that's normal. it just stays thick and then dries up again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Everyone is different. Everyone's CM pattern is different.

Are you checking the CM that comes out (what you find in your underwear)? Or are you actually checking the fluid at your cervix internally? If you're not seeing a lot (or the right kind) of mucous, try checking internally. Sometimes there's not enough of it for it to come out on its own, but it's at your cervix, which is what counts anyway.

If you're still not seeing any/enough mucous, try adding more water to your daily intake. Green tea is supposed to help too.

You can still have mucous after you ovulate. Almost all women will have at least a couple of dry days post-O. Some women produce mucous again as they approach menstruation.

The mucous does not stop after conception. When you're pregnant your body produces more of all kinds of fluids - CM, earwax, sinus mucous, saliva, etc. I had to wear a pantyliner everyday of my pregnancy with DS.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • so basically, nothing to worry about?
  • imageLindsRockies:

imageJennyMichelle85:
    so basically, nothing to worry about?

Yes.

Yes  Also how long have you been charting your CM? There is often a bit of a learning curve as you get to know your body. Once you have a few cycles under your belt it will be easier to distinguish differences (if you have any) in your own CM.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageJennyMichelle85:
    I am only going by what I see, rather then checking internally. But I just wonder if mine doesn't change from thick to thin & clear, if that's normal. it just stays thick and then dries up again.

If you go by what you see it won't be too helpful. Most of the time when it's my fertile time and I can feel a glob of EWCM down there, it never really ends up on my panties. I only truly discover it by checking internally. 

Our little angels went to Heaven very early: 1/2012, 2/2012, 3/2012. "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord". BFP 7/12/12- EDD March 26,2013 BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"