Babies: 0 - 3 Months

XP: 1 hour...

Every night, DS wakes up an hour after falling asleep. I have tried putting him down drowsy but awake and also in a dead sleep.  Doesn't make a bit of difference.  I feel like my whole evening is putting DS to sleep.  Bath at 6:45 then he is asleep by 7:15 at the latest.  I rock him for 20 minutes to make sure he is in a deep sleep and then 8:00-8:15 he is up again.  Then we do the whole thing over... finally going down for good at 9:30 or so.  What am I doing wrong? We have tried an earlier bedtime as well as a later bedtime and get the same results. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: 1 hour...

• Hi I was lurking, your LO is so young stil you didn't mention if you are swaddling. Our DD was like that at that age but we bought the miracle blanket wrapped her tight like a burrito and she was so content. I'm now dealing with it again but this time she's six months and is nasty when she wakes after we put her down, slapping, pulling hair. I wish they made swaddles large enough for her, we're now starting sleep training cause I can't handle it anymore.
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Do you think your LO could be hungry? I have heard this called the 45 minute intruder from the book Babywise. They say to rule out hunger as the issue. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry for your troubles!  Yes, we are swaddling (hates the MB but is content in the Sleepsacks).  He used to hate it and fight it allll night long but we started trying again and he seems much better with it.  We also use white noise.  Usually, after that first wake up, he will go a 5 hour stretch but I really wish we could get rid of that initial wake up.
  • imageCJPowers:
    Do you think your LO could be hungry? I have heard this called the 45 minute intruder from the book Babywise. They say to rule out hunger as the issue. 

I don't know... he DOES nurse after he wakes up from that hour (and seems to take a lot). But I make sure to feed him every hour starting at about 4:00 to "tank him up" for the evening.  What else should I do, if hunger is the issue?  We are EBF.  He will NOT take a bottle. 

• Not sure but maybe his naps are affecting his sleep?  He should wake up from his last nap at least three hours before bedtime.  
  • Our dd does something similar but instead of fighting to get her to sleep like I used to, I've come to accept that she takes this power nap in the eve. When she wakes up, I let her play a bit and at the first sign of fatigue I feed her again to tank her up for the night and off to sleep she goes. She has given us longer stretches of sleep (8hrs) this way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"