2nd Trimester
Options

has anyone tried the maternity spanx?

I need something with little shorts on it to wear under dresses -- its windy here so stuff can blow up, and with the bump, flowy dresses definitely move around a bit more and I don't wanna flash my lady bits. Just wondering if these are comfy. I'm not looking for shaping ...just something with legs that come down far enough, but above my knees and I can't find anything else.

Re: has anyone tried the maternity spanx?

• Options

I love maternity Spanx, but I'd be embarrassed if a gust of wind blew my dress up and exposed them-- they're sheer and definitely look like underwear.

Maybe just try some athletic shorts made of spandex or Lycra? 

BFP #1 10/27/2009 ~ DS1 ~ BIRTHday 7/16/2010 ~ med-free Bradley birth @ 40w5d
    BFP #2 1/22/2012 ~ DS2 & DD ~ BIRTHday 9/13/2012 ~ unplanned C-section @ 38w1d
    BFP #3 5/4/2015 ~ EDD 1/7/2016
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Oh man, if they squeeze the stomach at all I would say no way for me.  I can't stand any pressure on the tummy! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I shouldn't be surprised they make maternity spanx...but I am! Wow I don't think I could do it, the secret belly fit on my bottoms are sometimes tight enough. But hey if you can rock it with no problems then power to you! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I actually bought a pair of the spanx type of undergarment from Motherhood Maternity and I really like it. I needed something to smooth me out under my dress for a wedding next weekend. The belly part isn't so tight, just like the panel in maternity jeans, but the leg part is like spanx material (if that makes any sense).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wear teh maternity spanx with a lot of my dresses and love them.  There's shaping in the legs and butt, but really just a thin film over the belly.  They're very comfortable.  Depending on how tall you are, they can be long.  They are definitely above the knee, but not always very much above the knee.  Alot of maternity wear stores have them to try on.  I'd suggest trying them and seeing if they work for you.
    TTC #1,
    IUI #1: December 2008 - BFN
    IVF #1: Microdose Lupron - July 2009; only got 1 egg; BFN
    IVF #2: Natural IVF - Sept 2009; BFP!; D&C Nov. 2009
    IVF #3: Natural IVF - ER: Feb 4, 2010 - 1 "M2" egg retrieved; ET: Feb 9; Beta#1 (19dpo): 2567; Beta #2: 6933; BFP w/ singleton w/strong hrtbt! DS born October 2010
    TTC#2
    IVF #4: Natural IVF - ER: Nov. 20, 2011; ET: Nov. 25, 2011; BFP! Beta#1 (19dpo): 1918; Saw hrtbt on 12/28/11!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So comfy! They aren't tight, they just smooth things out. I won't wear a dress without them now. 

• Options
    Oooh.  I need these. I am a little on the heavy side and I can't stand wearing a skirt without shorts underneath.  My thighs rub together in the most uncomfortable way.  Normally, I wear black slimming shorts, but they don't fit any more. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"