Adoption
Options

who is waiting

I was curious to see how many of us are in the "waiting" phase.  

We have been waiting about 6 months.  How about you?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: who is waiting

• Options
    kekiskekis member
    We are!  4.5 months fully active/homestudy ready, but I consider us waiting for 5+ years and me waiting for 44 years.  :/
    Todd & Kristin, 3.10.07

After 5.5 years of loss, heartbreak, and empty arms, our dreams were fulfilled through the beautiful, selfless gift of adoption. We are amazingly blessed!

Blog About Us | Blog About RPL/IF/Adoption

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We're matched and waiting, Little Dude is expected to arrive early July.  We were matched after 12 mos (1 fall through).  This match has been a long one so it'll be 18 months since going active.  Hope your wait is shorter!!!!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are matched and anxiously awaiting little boys arrival. He is due May 20th, but the birth mother is already having contractions and horrible hip pain. We actively waited a year before being matched....Its a long tough road!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have been waiting for 7 months and were just recently matched with a birth couple who is due May 30. This weekend will be the first time we meet them, so hopefully we will have a better idea of the situation after that. Hang in there, this process is incredibly stressful but as everyone tells me is so worth it in the end! :-)
    Unable to conceive due to emergency hysterectomy 11/04 Started our adoption journey 4/11 9/29/11- Officially waiting! 5/29/12- Our little boy is born and goes home with us the next day :-)
  • Options

We have been actively waiting for 10 months. No matches and are profile has only been shown once. Crying

This may not happen for us..but we are still hopeful

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Options
    We are adopting from foster care and have been waiting for 10 months :(
    The waste in life lies in the love we have not given, the powers we have not used and the selfish prudence that will risk nothing; and which shirking pain, misses happiness as well. Mary Cholmondeley
  • Options
    IRRIRR member
    We started our homestudy in December, it was completed in February.  We are not going through an agency (yet) but just had our website go live about two weeks ago.  (It's here and if anyone has any comments / feedback, it'd certainly be appreciated: www.wannabeparents.com  )Just started advertising a week ago and so far nothing yet.  Hoping by year end we will be parents.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options
    amm78amm78 member
    We've been live since January 2011, so we've been waiting for almost 16 months.
  • Options

Does waiting to finish the licensing for fostercare count? We finished out PRIDE training in early March and now it almost early May and we still aren't finished yet. We have had two homestudies so far and have the third one scheduled for early May. After that we have a final walk through and the LW will send our packet to the review board.

Don't worry though... he said we would know about approval no later than JUNE 30th!!!!!! I started this process in January... Holy cow is this a long process (especially since I had everything on our end done before training even finished!). I can't even imagine what I will do when we are licensed and then have to wait even more for a child to come into our home... lol GL!

• Options
    We're a little over 5 months into the wait.  God's trying to teach me patience, but He has His work cut out.
  • Options
    We've been actively waiting for 6 months, and got started with our agency a year ago this month.
  • Options
    Waiting for two months--I know it it still early for us but this waiting phase is the absolute worst!
  • Options
    We've been waiting for a year. We just had a failed match (a week ago). Ripped our hearts out but excited to see what else God has in store!
    Declan 8.25.08
    Lincoln 3.18.11
    Brooks 7.7.12

• Options
    We've only been waiting a little over two weeks. I better get comfortable, eh? :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Options

My husband and I started the foster care licensing process in January.  Our process of licensing is complete pending final approval from the state. 

Our neice is in fostercare in another state and we're the only family members interested in fostering/adopting her.  She's nearly 11 months old and hasn't been placed with us yet.  Permanency planning hearing is scheduled for late August...its a long way away, but at least we have an idea about when we may be able to bring her home. 

You can read about our process at https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/65558621.aspx

• Options
    We waited a year, a month and two weeks, and brought home OUR SON last Wednesday!
  • Options
    We started the process in September and became home study approved at the beginning of February. We've been on a wait list to get into the profile book since that time... I think we are at like #23. Blah.
    After tttc and miscarriage, we are moving on to adoption! Home study approved and officially waiting since 2/12. Matched! Baby Boy due November 27th! Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers
  • Options
    My hubby and I just finished our home study and are finishing up the last of our paperwork.  We should be live by the end of May.  We are SO anxious but are working with an amazing organization and they have been very supportive! 
  • Options
    We have been officially waiting for about 6 1/2 months.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

after several m/c, DD#1 born 7-7-08, more m/c and failed IVF, started adoption process March 2011, matched Oct 2, 2012, DD#2 born 10-31-12
    Hope Wait Pray Adoption Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"