Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How did baby lose cord stump?

Did you find it in his/her clothes? Did you touch it and it fell off? We still have ours. I just wondered how you discovered it fell off. It's getting really dry and little pieces are coming off, I notice when u diaper change.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How did baby lose cord stump?

• I don't know.  One diaper change, it was just gone.  Never did find it.  Scary thought eh?  It didn't fall off in pieces - one change it was there.  The next change, it wasn't.
  • If I remember correctly, the cord clip just fell off in my hands when I tried to move it out of the way when doing a diaper change.  By that point, it was already rather dry and sort of "hanging by a thread" though.

Feb'12 March Siggy Challenge - Lucky Charm
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #3 - 05.20.11, EDD - 01.31.12, Logan is here! 02.05.12
    BFP #2 - 03.16.11, M/C 03.24.11
    BFP #1 - 10.17.10, Blighted Ovum dx, M/C 01.09.11
  • Loading the player...
  • It fell off during a diaper change.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was cleaning around it with rubbing alcohol and DS was mad that I was messing with him so he was swatting his hand at me and he ended up knocking it off. By that point it was hanging by a thread. He didn't even flinch. 
  • At 2 weeks exactly I found it in his onesie. It fell off while he was laying on my chest.
    imageimageimage
  • Just found it in his clothes when I was changing him into his PJs when he was 14 days old.  All of my kids lost it at 14 days old. With DS2, it started to lift off around 9-10 days old but was a little bit bloody underneath, so I was extra careful for the next few days and then it just fell off.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • It was hanging by a string and the next diaper change I found it in her clothes.
  • I don't remember with my older kids but with dd2 I found it in her clothes when she was exactly a week old. 
  • It got caught on DD's outfit when DH was putting her into her night gown.
  • It fell off during a diaper change and landed on my leg. Not going to lie - I was grossed out. She was about 12 days old or so.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • LO was 5 days old, during a diaper change he peed on himself so as I was cleaning him off, it came off.  I freaked a bit because I wasn't expecting it to come off so soon, but he was fine and pedi didn't worry when he saw it today.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lcwedlcwed member
    LO's just fell off while removing her onesie for a diaper change.  Some of it was still attached.  The ped put some stuff on it to make the rest of it fall off.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• DS was 12 days old and it was attached to the blanket when I unswaddled him for a diaper change that am.
  • yep, found it in his clothes when I was changing him at about a week old.
  • dojo1dojo1 member
    It fell off when I put a diaper on.  Ours had one of those plastic clamps on it, the clamp came off and small pieces stayed on / fell off throughout the following week.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • LO was sleeping on DH's chest, he picked her up, we noticed it was gone. DH sat up and it rolled out of her blanket on to the floor.

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • she kicked it off. clearly it was mostly ready to fall off, she just helped it along. it did get crusty and a scab formed, and she kicked that off too a couple days later. pedi said it looked good, so no worries.
  • imagejeffsjayme:
    I don't know.  One diaper change, it was just gone.  Never did find it.  Scary thought eh?  It didn't fall off in pieces - one change it was there.  The next change, it wasn't.

The same thing happened with DD! 

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"