Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Saucony sneakers for 1 year old?

went to stride rite to get shoes for my lo... and she sold me on a sneakers. he is only walking holding my hand so far.  is this the right shoe for him at this point? She was saying these are great for walking... I just feel like they are so bulky.. And she sold me on the teva's what do you think? what did you guys get for baby just starting to walk?

Re: Saucony sneakers for 1 year old?

• Options
    our dd had a pair of saucony from stride rite from when she was about 15 months to 21 months. We LOVED them!!! Im actually planning on buying another pair from piperlime in her new size!!!

J+E ~ 08/25/2007   DD#1 ~ 05/11/2010   DD#2 ~ 09/25/2013   DD#3 ~ 06/09/2016   Baby #4 Due ~ 01/16/2023

• Options
    When J was walking while holding onto something up until he really started trekking around, I had him in ministars from Target.  then switched to stride rites.  I have not tried nor seen the Saucony sneakers... link?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I get the early walker shoes because I feel that the "real" shoes are too heavy, however, many get them and they work out fine.

Their early walker shoes are awesome! 

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Options

DD had the traditional white leather walking shoes first.

THen around 15 months she got saucony sneakers and they were awesome. I actually got her another pair of the same sneakers in her newest size bc we liked them  a lot. (I got the 2nd pair at a discount shoe place and they were only $19.99 which was awesome).

• Options
    As close to barefoot as possible for when a child needs shoes.  We are getting N Preschoolians.
  • Options

tnx for that link Gym!  only reason why J is in sneakers is because the mini stars don't protect his feet from hard objects.

Gym are they thick enough to prevent injury if a rock is stepped on?

• Options

imagegymnst1013:
    As close to barefoot as possible for when a child needs shoes.  We are getting N Preschoolians.

I agree. DD's DCP requires shoes, that's the only reason we bought her some. She's usually barefoot, or in socks when it's cold (which is rare here).

I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Options

Once LO was walking really good that's what we bought him.  I LOVE them, so light and they come in wide for his fat "pillowy" feet haha!! He is 19 months now and that and New Balance are my go to sneakers for him!! 

• Options
    They were our first shoes. In the store when we tried them on he stomped really big and it was hilarious so we were sold. It took him like a day to get used to them. They were great. So easy to get on and off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"