December 2010 Moms
Options

Lost my wedding and engagement rings :(

I went to a baseball game yesterday and around the 3rd inning, I went to the family bathroom to change LO and put sunblock on her. I took them off for the sunblock application and distinctly remember thinking that I should put them in my front pockets since my back ones were full. Well near the end of the game I realized I never put them back and when I checked for them they were gone.

We checked the trash in the family bathroom, my pockets a zillion times, the diaper bag and everywhere. Lost and found didn't have them. I was a wreck yesterday. We have a claim filed with the insurance and they will call us tomorrow to proceed from there.

I am just so mad at myself. I know now, not to take them off and get them gross instead of risk losing them. I just can't picture myself having to go pick out a new ring. I loved my rings and I don't think I will ever find anything I love and of course now it won't have the story and love behind it that the originals had. 

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Lost my wedding and engagement rings :(

• Options
    Oh no, that's terrible!  Did you tell the stadium and leave your info?  That way at least if they were to turn up and get turned in there they could contact you.  I'm so  sorry though, I can't imagine....
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, they have my name, contact info and a description of the rings. I doubt they will turn up. If someone had found them, I'm sure they would have turned them in by now if they weren't going to keep them. There was another game tonight so I'm sure they are gone.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my goodness! I am so sorry.
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! I can only imagine what you are feeling right now :( 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    omg, I am soooooo sorry!! that sucks so bad. I am happy you have insurance for them though!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I am so sorry! I really hope you find them or someone finds them and returns them! 

I pointed across the room to show DH where J's cup was and my rings flew off my finger because I've lost so much weight and DH told me I needed to go buy smaller.  I just can't do it bc these have too much love behind them. So now I have to go buy a rubber thing to put on them until I can get it resized 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options
    That totally sucks...I'm so sorry you are going through this. Did you make out a police report? I would incase someone tries to pawn/sell them. Also, you may need one for insurance purposes. I hope they turn up!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm so sorry!

Lilypie - (vGZN)

BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    Oh honey I am so so sorry! I would be devastated, too. *hugs* I don't have any advice for you, just wanted to tell you that absolutely sucks and I feel really badly for you right now. Sad
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kj07kj07 member

I did the same thing volunteering at a special olympics event, but it was a ring my parents gave me.  I can only imagine how crummy you're feeling.

So sorry!

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    Oh no! I'm sorry. :( I thought mine were lost a few weeks ago (I think I may have posted it here even) and I was a hot mess the whole day. DH ended up finding them but I can't even imagine if they'd never turned up. I hope you get lucky and someone winds up finding them!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

When I take my rings off in a public place to do something I always hold them with my mouth. 

I hope you find them but I'm sure if someone found them they would have already turned them in.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • Options

Sorry you are going thru  this. I went thru something similar  a few weeks ago,but luckily I found it.

I don't know if this will help,but did you check the diaper bag? I hope someone turns them in.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageLuckyladyJ:

Sorry you are going thru  this. I went thru something similar  a few weeks ago,but luckily I found it.

I don't know if this will help,but did you check the diaper bag? I hope someone turns them in.

Sorry I see you already checked there. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Oh no :(

I'm sorry. It drives me nuts to lose things, and I can't imagine losing my wedding rings. I hope a miracle happens and they return.

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options

Thanks for all the support ladies. I spoke with the insurance today and they said by Friday they will let us know whether they think their in house jewelers can make a twin or how much they will give me to look for a replacement.

I checked and my original ring is no longer being made by the designer, so I have to start from scratch to pick a new one. I have decided to make it fun instead of sad to pick a new one.

I just can't decide if I would rather the rings be accidentally trashed or someone have them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"