May 2012 Moms

Avengers Tickets...Jinxed Myself?

I just went to my favorite movie theater and prepurchased reserve seating for The Avengers IMAX Friday afternoon. Why do I think I'll end up missing this movie?

Re: Avengers Tickets...Jinxed Myself?

• We are trying to squeeze in seeing The Avengers before I deliver as well (EDD is 5/10) - yesterday we went to a Dodgers game and I was certain we were going to miss that because we had purchased the tix so far ahead of time...

I think you'll make it!

• I think you'll be fine - fingers crossed for you!  My H just bought advanced tickets for Saturday's showing (I'm not going) and part of me hopes he gets to go, but with my due date in 2 days I'm sure he realizes that he might miss out.
  • Loading the player...
  • I keep thinking this, I RSVPed for a party this Friday and now im kind of afraid to sit on the girls couch. Would be just my luck. 
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband just made plans for us with another couple to go see the Avengers on Friday night.  I'm due next Monday, but have just had this feeling Saturday will be the day.  So perhaps it will be my last movie at least for a few months! 
  • I felt the same way - we had playoff tix to the Coyotes game last night, and I was sure they were going to go to waste, but we went, and besides being not so comfy, enjoyed it.  Next up is DH leaving town.  They are flying him out of a city 2 hrs away on Friday, and I'm guessing it will be just my luck if something happens on my 2 hr drive home....
    Photobucket
  • I told DH if I didn't go into labor, we could go to the movie...but don't buy the tickets yet.  Laws of the Universe don't work well for us. 

• DH is trying to get me to go to the mid-night showing on Thurs night/Fri morning. Only problem is we are being induced Friday at 4:00 am. And as much as I want to go see the movie and would love the mid-night showing, I know I won't even remotely be able to pay attention to the movie. Besides that, I think Friday is going to be a long day and I could probably use the extra couple hours of sleep.
    Photobucket
  • imageMRSR08:

I told DH if I didn't go into labor, we could go to the movie...but don't buy the tickets yet.  Laws of the Universe don't work well for us. 

This is my problem. My parents are leaving for Calfornia for a week. My 37w apr is Thursday and I'm terrified of my BP. My sister is on alert with the Army that she may need to help me, but who knows if they'll actually let her go. I'm just convinced something will go wrong this weekend. :( 

• imageJess & Drew:
    DH is trying to get me to go to the mid-night showing on Thurs night/Fri morning. Only problem is we are being induced Friday at 4:00 am. And as much as I want to go see the movie and would love the mid-night showing, I know I won't even remotely be able to pay attention to the movie. Besides that, I think Friday is going to be a long day and I could probably use the extra couple hours of sleep.

yes! this was our plan... until we made induction appt for thursday morning! doh!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"