TTC after 35

Does anyone else get really bad cramps?

Just got AF yesterday and cramps were manageable. Started taking 4 advil every 4 hrs so I wouldn't feel yucky when going out with MH and friends. Well this morning they were so bad. The heating pad didn't work and I was out of advil :(

I cried and moaned and if it was a work day I would of never of made it. This has happened before but not every month. I tried awhile back for gyn to give me something stronger then advil but said just keep popping those 2 days before you period is due.

Do any of you take something stronger? My boss doesn't understand how at the age of 43 I still have cramps like this. Will call the gyn on Mon and hopefully she will help me out. Atleast it took my mind off of how many drinks I had last night :) It's afternoon now...but feeling better.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
     image   imageimage

Re: Does anyone else get really bad cramps?

• I have excruciating cramps.  I was diagnosed with Adenomyosis in '06.  It's like Endo, but it is centralized on the inside of the uterus instead of outside.  I was given the option of a total hysterectomy (not an option since I want a child & was only 34 at the time), get pregnant right away (not an option since I wasn't even dating anyone) or going on the strongest BCP on the market.  Hhhmmm...decisions, decisions.  So I went on the BCP until the discontinued making them in '09 & then had the Mirena inserted.  It helped, but the cramps were still really bad at times.  My GYN prescribed Ponstel & it has been really good.  It's made specially for menstral cramps & isn't narcotic.  Sometimes I do have to take OTC cramp meds on top of the Ponstel when they are extremely bad, but for the most part the Ponstel does the trick.  I hope that the cramps don't last too long for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I used to get horrific cramps,  it was the main reason I went on BCP in my late 20's. That helped tremendously but is obviously not going to work if your TTC. I had to get off the pill in my mid 30's due to blood pressure issues and ultimately the cramps came back. I used to do two aleve at the faintest sign of AF and easily would take up to 6 aleve a day just to make it through. My OB wouldn't give me anything stronger even though i begged, just said to take the aleve. 

Sorry your feeling so crappy, I've been there and it was not fun at all! I used to buy those disposable heating pads that you stick in your panties at the drugstore, it did provide some relief while at work.

After my miscarriage last year my cramps have been pretty non exsistent or minor at best. I don't know if the D&C is what helped or not, if there was any positive at all to find in that is that my cramps went away.

nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, 42 here and I get bad cramps on cd 1 and 2.  Af has also gotten a bit shorter.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Thanks ladies. Just talked to a friend who also gets them pretty bad and her gyn wouldn't give her anything either. I could always beg...haha. We will see :) If I can't handle this I can only imagine trying to get through contractions!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Usually get awful cramps here too, always have.  BCP really helped (well made it so that I never got AF anymore and got some cramps, but not nearly as bad).  Also before TTGP, my dr gave me super strength ibeprofin (I'm sure I spelled that terribly) - not sure if thats an option while TTGP though.  I usually take around half a day off of work during this time :(

Hope you are feeling better soon!

~~~TTC #1 since Dec 2011, BFP 5/3 CP 5/6~~~
    ~~~BFP 10/9/12, EDD 6/17/13~~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yep - while I was on the Pill, I had no cramps. About a year ago, the cramps came back, and I do have to miss a day of work if Day 1 is a work day. Heating pad, ibuprofen, and lots of sleep.

It sucks. I hope you're feeling better super soon. 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Charlie Boy!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"