September 2011 Moms

what to do

Let me start this by saying I dont really trust the cops in my township.

I found a big wad of cash in the middle of the street in front of my house today. It was in a bank envelop but there was no deposit slip.

I plan on calling the bank tomorrow to see if they have a record of who may have withdrawn the amount in tens and fives. I put a ad on craigslist and put a sign in my front yard that says "I have it". I didn't want to write anything about money 'cause i don't want random people coming to the door.

Since I've found it, I've kept an eye for anyone walking by or any cars driving by slowly, but I haven't seen anything.

I'm worried the bank will just tell me to turn the money into the cops. I think the cops will just  pocket the money, honestly.

Someone who likely took a walk down my street is missing a pretty fair amount of money. I'd like to get it back to them, but I don't know what else to do. Ideas?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what to do

• I know this is serious, but I'm laughing so hard about the sign you posted! 

Id just wait it out, honestly the bank doesn't keep track of how people take money out. They just know the dollar amount.

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagevnstacie:

I know this is serious, but I'm laughing so hard about the sign you posted! 

Lol I was giggling at the "I have it" sign, too. Just a funny visual, I guess. Anyway, I think you are doing about as much as you can. If it comes down to it, maybe you can call the police station just to see if anyone called looking for it. Maybe anonymously or something? 

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • imagevnstacie:

I know this is serious, but I'm laughing so hard about the sign you posted! 

Id just wait it out, honestly the bank doesn't keep track of how people take money out. They just know the dollar amount.

i know. People on my street are going to think I'm crazy but I'd rather be crazy then dealing with greedy weirdos coming to my door.

I'm really just surprised no one has walked by here looking for it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry, no ideas... but this sounds like a tv show... one of the crime ones! haha....

especially since you put up 'the sign'! haha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                  Madison & Rylee
                             All of me loves all of you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"