September 2012 Moms
Options

Long Distance relationships...

So my DH (fiance' still) lives in Ghana and its not fun. However, its funny as exhausted as I get from being out and about the whole day I still come home, allow him to go watch a soccer match (we were talking on the phone) and then wait til almost 12am for him to come online!

Only to find out (he called) that it started raining there and they won't open the cafe since it is almost closing time!

The things we do for love! The only benefit is tomorrow is a holiday in most countries (not US I know) so I can sleep and lazy around the whole day! I can't wait for him to get here soon!!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Long Distance relationships...

• Options

Long distance sucks! I can't imagine being PG and going through it countries away. MH and I were long distance for a year across state lines. We made it work but by the end of the year, I was ready for him to come home.

Sounds like you're finding a way to make it work. And man, what I would of have given for skype back in those days. It would have put a whole new spin on our s-x life. Devil

image    image

Harper Grace 08.31.12                        Sibling Expected 08.30.15

Aug 2015 - January Siggy Challenge - Fav mean girl from TV/Film

Ellie from CougarTown

• Options
    Yeah, it's not fun and gets harder and harder the more we try and have meaningful deep conversations online or the phone! Add to that the dimension of cultural differences and understandings!! Goodness face-to-face is just easier. Skype isn't the greatest where he lives as the internet cuts in and out. But we use it sometimes. If things get real serious we use the phone, but at .75/min (remember our salaries are less here too) that's expensive for too long! I saw him in January...feels like years ago.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I remember when DH lived in Singapore and I was still the states. It sucked!

On another note, I created a post (that's probably buried in here somewhere) about your passport situation. I linked some information from the US travel government website. Bottom line is you will need a passport for your little one before you board that plane to the states. I'll see if I can find my original and c&p it in this post.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"