July 2012 Moms
Options

Mmm Monday!

It's Monday ladies- let's talk about FOOD!

Anyone have anything new and/or especially fabulous this weekend?  Any new pregnancy cravings or delicious supermarket discoveries?  Any recipes worth sharing?  Come on gals, let's dish!  (pun intended!) 

Re: Mmm Monday!

• Options
    It's been chili non-stop for the last 3 weeks. I eat it EVERY day and love every second of it :) Oh, and Ritas Italian Ice gelati's. Mmmm

• Options

I made an 8x8 of lemon bars last week and re-discovered that the are the Best Food Ever.  I finished them off in four days (no help from hubby).

I ALSO discovered a new cafe near my office with carving board turkey sandwiches and year-round stuffing and cranberry sauce.  I had a "Thanksgiving sandwich" for lunch today and it was AWESOME.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had fair-style food all weekend. Funnel cake, twister fries, roasted nuts, fried meats on sticks, pink sugar water masquerading as pink lemonade...yum. Then on Sunday I had IHOP for breakfast and two hot dogs (gasp!) and chips at my niece's birthday party, among other 4 year-old birthday party foods. You'd think I'd want to detox from all that, but I'm scarfing down some Chick fil-A as I type. Maybe I'll aim for a healthy dinner...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagemaykious:
    I had fair-style food all weekend. Funnel cake, twister fries, roasted nuts, fried meats on sticks, pink sugar water masquerading as pink lemonade...yum. Then on Sunday I had IHOP for breakfast and two hot dogs (gasp!) and chips at my niece's birthday party, among other 4 year-old birthday party foods. You'd think I'd want to detox from all that, but I'm scarfing down some Chick fil-A as I type. Maybe I'll aim for a healthy dinner...

I'm so jealous! I'm craving a turkey leg like crazy and no way to satisfy that one without faire.... and MH isn't sure I'll feel up to going when it starts first week in June. Um, I will tell him what I am able to do an not, by golly! And just go without him if it comes down to it. LOL

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    This weekend I had Chipotle and it was amazing!!  I forgot how good black beans and guacamole are!
  • Options

H and I went away for the weekend, and ate lots of amazing food. We were on the Cape, so a lobster clambake was in order for Friday night. Fried seafood baskets, ice cream cones, portuguese pastry, a fancy dinner out on Sat night, and all manner of other deliciousness. Nom nom.

At the risk of sounding totally judgy, I cannot.CANNOT fathom a casserole made with a bag of Doritos. Lol! Summer! Lighten that ish up---at least use baked tortilla chips, turkey and light COC soup.  You're killing me.  Wink

• Options
    Mmm...Chipotle sounds soo good and all of these things listed, ladies. I'm so glad I'm not the only one eating like it's my last meal! Ha ha!
  • Options
    zyaszyas member

Last night I made a baked yam and ate that with cottage cheese and I also had a corn on the cob. SO delicious!! I think I'll have that tonight too! :) 

• Options

Awe summer I didn't mean to make you feel guilty.  I'm just loling at the idea of Dorito casserole. Its just so funny! Like a Twinkie bread pudding or something (actually....)

• Options
    I've been crazy over cheesecake lately! They have these two packs at the store and I've bought three so far and might have to stop again tonight. Tonight I really want pasta.  

TTC since October 2009
    2 failed IUIs with Clomid
    IVF #1, ER 10/29/2011
    ET 11/3/2011
    One embryo transferred, four frozen
    11/12/2011, BFP, 11/13/2011, BFP, 11/14/2011, BFP
    First Beta 11/14/2011, 499
    Second Beta 11/16/2011, 893
    Third Beta 11/18/2011, 1510

Lost my dear husband, October 3, 2012. You are the bear of my heart dear, and nothing can take that away.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imageMrsKBerlo:

Took my sister to an awesome Mexican restaurant in Boston for her bday. This is what they brought her after dinner! Towering cotton candy with a candle on top!! I wouldn't associate cotton candy with Mexican food but hey, I'm not complaining!! Oh, and there were Pop Rocks sprinkled on the cotton candy!!

That dinner was after a 2 hour class on how to make chocolate truffles!! Thank goodness I passed my glucose test already! Lol 

Where did you go? 

• Options

I had to force myself not to eat my third cheeseburger with fried onion, pickles, lettuce, tomato and peanut oil fries in two weeks. So today DH and I went out for lunch and I ordered a fried chicken cutlet sandwich with pesto, tomato & warm goat cheese. OMG! I ate the whole thing. I also just ate a chocolate chip, macadamia, coconut cookie and am in heaven. Will that stop me from having a cupcake tonight? Bwahahahahaha...uh, no.

Tonight is baked potato and shake-n-bake chicken night. So excited!!

Together Together, 9-23-06. Little Girl is Here! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yesterday I got everything I needed to make my lemon cake. I've been craving it for several days...probably going to have to hide it from DH though as he loves it too.

An apple is about the healthiest thing I've eaten today...the other stuff is just shameful.

imageimage
  • Options
    imagewdc*bride:

I ALSO discovered a new cafe near my office with carving board turkey sandwiches and year-round stuffing and cranberry sauce.  I had a "Thanksgiving sandwich" for lunch today and it was AWESOME.

Oh. M. G.  that sounds AMAZING!!!  Please tell me this cafe is a chain?  If there's not one in KC I may just cry! 

• Options
    Hmm nothing new but I'm craving something cheesy...so I'm thinking cheese ravioli's may be in order for dinner tonight... I've eaten a bunch of carbs today but oh welllll
  • Options

imageiheartnjdevils:
    Oh, and Ritas Italian Ice gelati's. Mmmm

Ooooooh Rita's!!! I'd KILL for that right now! (we're in OK so nothing close to Rita's)

• Options

imageMelRC117:
    Lately I've been all about warm cinnamon raisin bagels with peanut butter!  And NOT the grocery store kind but quality you only get at a bagel shop....YUM

Same here but with strawberry cream cheese! 

• Options

I made toll house chocolate chip cookies Saturday.  DH made improvements by covering the cookie with bananas and moose tracks ice cream and nuking it in the microwave for a couple of seconds.  I would not share lol

And, as always the last Monday of the month, my company puts together a spread lunch-so I got watermelon, berries, a roll, fried chicken, cheesy potatoes, chili, sliced cheese, and dessert. 

Going to make ham and potato soup now!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    WDC bride, are you still in DC? There is an amazing turkey carving place near a clients of mine, I ALWAYS go there when I'm in town. Its called Uptown Cafe near the New York Ave metro station. They have a wrap with turkey, avocado, salad and honey dijon dressing that is amazing!
  • Options

I had an iced vanilla chai today that made my week!

And I've discovered that if you put a dollop of cream cheese in with your marinara pasta sauce and mix it with fettuccini noodles, it is pretty much the best thing ever!  Lol.  I've been craving dairy and carbs.  I'm surprised I haven't gained 50 pounds.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am planning to make guacamole tomorrow. And DH's bday is Wednesday so I got him this Cold Stone cake!

GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"