Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Dinner ideas?

What are your favorite "go to" dinners during the week?  I need something simple and fast during the busy weekdays!!!  THANKS!

Re: Dinner ideas?

• I have been cooking things with cresent rolls, ham and cheese, piza, and hot dog. My LO loves the taste of cresent rolls! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Chicken enchiladas are good and you can do most, if not all, of the work in advance.  I made the chicken in the crockpot this weekend shredded it up so now I just have to put it in the tortillas, cover with more sauce and cheese and bake.  But you can do all that before and then freeze them that way.

We also do burgers, marinated pork loin with easy sides like boxed pilaf and steam veggies, pastas, chicken on the grill if DH is home...  I also make salsa chicken in big batches in the crockpot (chicken, taco seasoning, salsa, corn & black beans) and then we can portion it out and use it for quesadilla filling, over rice or as a baked casserole.

Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • Asian shrimp with rice and snap peas.  I kind of play the recipe by ear so this isn't a very detailed recipe, sorry!

Saute snap peas and sesame seeds in sesame oil for 2-3 minutes max.

Saute shrimp until pink, top with some sort of asian dressing (I like Brianna's Ginger Mandarin), and simmer for a couple of minutes.

Microwave Uncle Ben's instant basmati rice for 90 seconds. 

Serve shrimp over rice with snaps on the side.

It takes about 10 minutes total and it's really good. 

• tonight we are doing tuna, pasta and peas. 

Our goto dishes are

pasta and red sauce,

quinoa and something grilled plus veggie,

burgers and tater tots (I love me some tater tots) 

I'll be looking at this thread for more ideas, esp. healthy things that are quick.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• We do a lot of salads with a protein on top or stir fry. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pasta with chicken sausage, sundried tomatoes, italian seasoning, olive oil, and fresh parmasean.

Pasta with ground italian sausage, broccoli, olive oil, and fresh parmasean.

Marinated grilled chicken with rice (I get the frozen TJs brown rice) and veggies.

Seasoned pork chops (I usually do apple sage) with rice pilaf and veggies.

A big salad of some sort. Right now my favorite is with grilled chicken, mandarin oranges, ginger sesame dressing, and crunchy Asian noodles.

We also grill hot dogs and hamburgers during the summer and serve with salad and berries.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When it's just me and LO, these are go-tos (mostly veg, but easy)

~black beans and rice, doctored up with tomato, avocado, cilantro, cheese, and greek yogurt

~frozen falafel,  pitas, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta, spinach, and greek yogurt

~pasta + sauce

~quesadillas and refried beans

~garden burgers, fruit, + something green (frozen peas or canned beans)

~mini pizzas made with soft flour tortillas

I don't ahve a lot of ideas for when DH is home-- I'm in a bit of a dinner rut, myself lately.  The quinoa cups from pinterest are decent, but not quick.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Love, luck, and prayers to my BFPB Dr. SnowflakeBride

• Our weekly menu plan:

M - pork tenderloin, spinach salad

T - broiled salmon, broccoli

W - BBQ chicken, green beans

Th - grilled steaks, caprese salad

We usually go out on Fri nights and the weekends we just munch on leftovers or wing it!  I always plan quick cooking proteins and a simple veggie side for weekdays.  I can have dinner on the table in under 30 min.  With the weather lately I have been having DH grill a lot so that keeps him busy and gives me less to do. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Pizza and easy crock pot meals.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"