2nd Trimester

Low Kicks?

I have to say it is pretty cool to feel LO moving every day. However, I was wondering when the kicks move higher in your abdomen? I am 22 weeks (almost 23) with an anterior placenta, and the only kicks I feel are still below my pelvic line. My utero height is normal and the baby was fine at my 20 week u/s. I just find it strange that the kicks are still so low. I am a FTM so I don't know if this normal and if the position of the placenta is affecting where and when I feel the baby. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Low Kicks?

• Are they any higher when laying on your back ? I don't have a anterior placenta, but I know sometimes the kicks feel lower when I'm sitting but if I'm laying on back it feels higher.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Weirdly, not really. If I am laying down they are still in the same region.
  • Loading the player...
  • I started last week @ 23 weeks higher.  But she moves around all the time so some days low and some times higher kicks.  Even towards my ribs today.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You'll feel them low throughout your entire pregnancy.  Even when you start to feel them higher up, it's becuase baby is getting bigger so he/she will be reaching all sorts of spots in your belly.

I am almost 27 wks and still get the low kicks along with the ones above my belly button.  Sometimes it feels as if my LO is kicking me in my butt hole (not a great feeling)...lol.

• imageFamilyIsLove:

You'll feel them low throughout your entire pregnancy.  Even when you start to feel them higher up, it's becuase baby is getting bigger so he/she will be reaching all sorts of spots in your belly.

I am almost 27 wks and still get the low kicks along with the ones above my belly button.  Sometimes it feels as if my LO is kicking me in my butt hole (not a great feeling)...lol.

Got one of those kicks last night. They are awkward and uncomfortable for sure! 

• I'm 26w2d, and LO still hangs out low.  Once in a great while, I will feel him higher when he turns, but most of the time he likes to hang out low and kick.  I don't have an anterior placenta.  At my 20 week u/s, LO was measuring a couple of weeks ahead.  At my 24 week appointment, my uterus height was measuring right on track.

• I am feeling kicks in the same area too. When I lay down though, I do feel him higher up, like around my belly button. When I'm sitting, he's kicking around my bikini line.
  • i also almost exclusively feel her low down. at my A/S, she was all balled up right at the bottom of my uterus, and judging by the feelings i get, that's her preferred location. if everything is measuring ok and scans are good, i wouldn't worry
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"