Breastfeeding

Transitioning from demand feeding to bottle & nanny care?

DD feeds on demand right now - every 1.5-3.5 hours during the day. I have tried pumping and know she'll take a bottle, but I am worried that it will be a tough transition from nursing to bottles from the nanny when I go back to work in 3 weeks. I think she does a lot of comfort nursing at the end of a feeding, and it really helps to calm her before a nap.She won't take a paci, so that's out. Any tips on making this transition?

Re: Transitioning from demand feeding to bottle & nanny care?

• Before I went back to work, we just tried to give LO a bottle at some point every day to get used to them.  My LO is the same way about comfort nursing and has never taken a paci either, but he does ok when he's with my mom.  He seems to understand that he only gets nursing with me so he's usually ready shortly after I pick him up!  Oh, another thing my mom tried in the beginning of keeping him was laying my nursing cover on her when she was giving him bottles.  She said maybe the smell of me would comfort him.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am worried about this as well.  DS takes a bottle just fine because we have to supplement after every feed.  But he does a lot of comfort nursing and I'm worried about when I go back to work.  He'll take a paci on occasion, but usually in the evenings he doesn't want a bottle, or a paci, he just wants to nurse to sleep.  This really worries me because I work nights and DH will be putting him to bed.  We've tried a couple of practice runs of DH putting him down and it always ends in DH being frustrated, and me nursing him to sleep.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"