TTC After a Loss
Options

Thankyou other babyloss mama for standing up for me (baby ment.)

This weekend was very emotionally draining. We spent it with my husbands family and his sister who has a two month old baby girl. I held her when she was first born and we went to see her. I didn't want to but knew I should because SIL was very pushy with wanting me to hold her. I hadn't held the baby since except for this weekend I decided I needed to learn to hold her and be around her and it be okay. Both me and DH took turns rocking her. It especially broke my heart to see DH hold her and soothe her to sleep.

My SIL is friends with a woman (who I met once) who has had somewhere around 12 unexplained miscarriages. While I was holding the baby SIL told me, "My feelings were hurt that you didn't hold the baby very much but then I talked to (her friend) who told me STOP GETTING YOUR FEELINGS HURT!" Her friend told her, "i won't go to baby showers or be around pregnant people or people with babies so you need to stop expecting that out of her." 

I was upset at SIL that she couldn't even see how painful it was for me to hold her baby (especially since this is her 8th child) She had no idea what a sacrifice it was for me to be nice and hold her baby. She has no clue how painful it was when i bought her baby a layette. I was thankful for that other woman who gave her the verbal slap upside the head that I emotionally was to vunerable to give her. 

My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

type 1 diabetic for 7 years. Been on the pump for 6 years.

Re: Thankyou other babyloss mama for standing up for me (baby ment.)

• Options

Glad your sister in law took it to heart!

BabyFruit Ticker BFP #7 2/4/13- EDD 10/20/13
  • Options
    imagejenek0213:

Hooray for strong women! And BlessedHope,you are included in that statement!

And  SIL also does deserves some kudos for taking the statement to heart and being enough woman to admit her mistake.

I'm glad you got through it. *hugs* 

Thankyou. I know some women don't like being told that they are "strong" when they have no choice but to be, but I think you are such a strong and beautiful woman. I've been thinking about you lately and everything you are going through. Just wanted to let you know, ((big hugs))

My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

bump burp

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imagebaby101010:

Glad your sister in law took it to heart!

I should give her more credit for admitting that she was being selfish

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    When it comes to losing a baby, it takes one to know one, unfortunately. I'm glad your SIL's friend talked some sense into her and that she better understands you. ((HUGS))
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Blog: One Emerald
    BFP#1: 9-13-11 EDD: 5-26-12 MMC: 11-4-11 D&C: 11-8-11
    BFP#2: 7-6-12 Elizabeth Faye ("Zuzu") born 3-21-13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"