Trying to Get Pregnant

1st cycle after BC - possible short luteal phase?

Just looking for reassuring stories from other post-birth control TTC ladies. I was on the Nuvaring until this cycle, and started spotting and cramping yesterday at 8DPO. I also had a temp drop. Expected AF today, but had a slight temp rise, and still very slight pink/brown CM - not enough to even leave anything on a tampon, but there when I check internally. Still crampy. 

So my questions: has anyone else dealt with a short luteal phase after BC? Should I start a B Complex vitamin?

AND... anyone else spot for a few days during luteal phase? 

Thanks for your help ladies! 

ETA: The open circles are days I woke up half an hour - 45 min before my alarm and temped, 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 1st cycle after BC - possible short luteal phase?

• Don't go popping pill after 1 post BC cycle.  If you are still like this 2-4 cycles form now THEN talk to your MD about taking them...

• You are fresh off the ring, your cycle is still re-adjusting. This could just be the beginning of a lot of wonky cycles. Just monitor the next couple of cycles and hold tight.

~TTC#1 Since July 2011~ 
    Dx: Fibroids & Tubal Infertility
                                                        9/12 -IVF#1 =BFN; 5/14 -IVF#2=BFP:-) EDD 2.19.2015                                                

S/PAIF Welcome 

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • well you didn't get af yet so I wouldn't say for sure your LP is short.  And its not so short that you couldn't sustain a pregancy so at this point its not an issue, IMO.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • After coming off the ring my cycles were so whacky!!! 59 days, 27, 33 &34

My luteal phase has always been 13 days though. Took me about 6 months to reach some normalcy.  

Me: 34 Mild Thin PCOS DH: 36

5 Clomid & TI= BFFN

IUI-IVF coming Soon...

• imageWild_flower25:
    well you didn't get af yet so I wouldn't say for sure your LP is short.  And its not so short that you couldn't sustain a pregancy so at this point its not an issue, IMO.

How long does it have to be to sustain a pregnancy? I thought anything under 10-12 days was trouble. 

• imageBellaLux:
    You are fresh off the ring, your cycle is still re-adjusting. This could just be the beginning of a lot of wonky cycles. Just monitor the next couple of cycles and hold tight.

I know...I know...patience is not one of my virtues. 

• imageMrs.Watson06:

imageBellaLux:
    You are fresh off the ring, your cycle is still re-adjusting. This could just be the beginning of a lot of wonky cycles. Just monitor the next couple of cycles and hold tight.

Mine either, but boy has this process taught me well! It may be a short journey, or very long, so don't pull your hair out over the first cycle. In any case, good luck, hope your stay here is short!

~TTC#1 Since July 2011~ 
    Dx: Fibroids & Tubal Infertility
                                                        9/12 -IVF#1 =BFN; 5/14 -IVF#2=BFP:-) EDD 2.19.2015                                                

S/PAIF Welcome 

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageBellaLux:
    imageMrs.Watson06:

imageBellaLux:

Mine either, but boy has this process taught me well! It may be a short journey, or very long, so don't pull your hair out over the first cycle. In any case, good luck, hope your stay here is short!

Thank you. I'll try to chill out! 

• Could just be mid cycle spotting since your body is still adjusting. I wouldn't write it off as a short LP yet...on the other hand could be AF. Guess you will just have to wait and see if the bleeding increases.
    Our little angels went to Heaven very early: 1/2012, 2/2012, 3/2012. "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord". BFP 7/12/12- EDD March 26,2013 BabyName Ticker
  • This was my first cycle after BCPs. My LP was only 11 days. After an awesome temp drop this a.m., AF shortly arrived after I got out of bed. Boo!
    imageimage

Our furbaby Lexi

Ovulation Chart

The name is Angel. I'm 27 years old & DH is 28. We have been together for 12 years, married on May 21, 2011. We are TTC #1! I was diagnosed with endometriosis via laparoscopy in August 2010. Off of BC since March 2012. I am a 2nd year OB/GYN Resident physician. I love getting to be involved in precious miracles first moments of life, and I can't wait until the day we are blessed to have our own miracle!
  • Welcome!  You sound like me a few weeks ago - I made myself crazy not knowing what to expect, but I've chilled out this cycle.  I was hoping for a luteal phase as long as it had been when I was on BCP (ha!), but I got to 11 days.  Still waiting to see what this cycle holds!

Good luck to you and I hope your stay is short!

Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"