Trying to Get Pregnant

Is anyone ttc with a blood disorder or possible disorder?

Hi Im currently trying to conceive #1 and I may or may not have a blood disorder.I was told I have protein c deficiency and I went to see a hematologist which told me to go ahead and TTC because I didn't have it.The midwife who told me I have this disorder is still swearing I do regardless of what the hematologist said.Im going to our womens hospital on monday for preconception counseling which is for women with medical issues so hopefully I get some testing done and finally get a straight answer.I have had previous blood clots so the hematologist said I just need a med in my 3rd trimester and up to 6weeks post.I was just wondering if anyone has this disorder or something similar and how its being treated.Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is anyone ttc with a blood disorder or possible disorder?

• I have a clotting issue that was confirmed with a blood test.  I need to start daily injections (Blood thinners) when I get my BFP.  I will take them daily till 37 weeks.  I would try to get things sorted out before pregnancy.

• imageBanker&BSN:
    I have a clotting issue that was confirmed with a blood test.  I need to start daily injections (Blood thinners) when I get my BFP.  I will take them daily till 37 weeks.  I would try to get things sorted out before pregnancy.

This.

I have a kidney issue that causes clots.  I will start Lovenox once we get a BFP, monitored by my hematologist.

Best of luck!

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi there! I have a clotting disorder as well (Antithromblin III) and have been taking a low dose Asprin everyday as per my doctor everyday starting 3 months before I started TTC and will have a heparin injection everyday once I am pregnant again as well as post birth.

I only found out about the disorder after DD was born at 26 weeks and I had a heparin injection everyday for 6 weeks after my c-section. The clotting issue caused IUGR and I ended up with Pre-E and HELLP syndrome but was very lucky because DD is 100% fine.

Good luck with your testing and I will keep my fingers crossed for you! You can PM me if you need someone to vent to about it!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersimage
  • Thanks I just wanted to know what to expect or possibily expect with a blood disorder because it kinda made me nervous.
  • imageKitT.Kat:

Hi there! I have a clotting disorder as well (Antithromblin III) and have been taking a low dose Asprin everyday as per my doctor everyday starting 3 months before I started TTC and will have a heparin injection everyday once I am pregnant again as well as post birth.

I only found out about the disorder after DD was born at 26 weeks and I had a heparin injection everyday for 6 weeks after my c-section. The clotting issue caused IUGR and I ended up with Pre-E and HELLP syndrome but was very lucky because DD is 100% fine.

Good luck with your testing and I will keep my fingers crossed for you! You can PM me if you need someone to vent to about it!

Thanks so much.It's just nice to know your not the only one whose going through this and other people understand what your going through.
  • imageTryingtoconceiveamiracle:
    imageKitT.Kat:

Hi there! I have a clotting disorder as well (Antithromblin III) and have been taking a low dose Asprin everyday as per my doctor everyday starting 3 months before I started TTC and will have a heparin injection everyday once I am pregnant again as well as post birth.

Thanks so much.It's just nice to know your not the only one whose going through this and other people understand what your going through.

SmileI just sent you a PM.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersimage
  • imageKitT.Kat:
    imageTryingtoconceiveamiracle:
    imageKitT.Kat:

Good luck with your testing and I will keep my fingers crossed for you! You can PM

me if you need someone to vent to about it!

SmileI just sent you a PM.

I can read your PM,but when I  click quick reply it brings me to like a search engine grr stupid comp! lol You can email me at tryingtoconceiveamiracle  at  yahoo dot com
  • One more in the blood disorder category (although I have the opposite problem of you ladies....I don't clot enough! mine blood is TOO thin! so rather than worrying about blood clots, my risks are bleeding out during pregnancy and L&D or PP or miscarriage) 

So I don't have much advice other than to be your OWN advocate....be the squeaky wheel and speak up about your issues! Get second opinions if you must! 

• I have a clotting disorder as well. Mine is very common and has to do with the MTHFR gene. I found out about it after getting tested a couple of years ago. I sought out testing because my mom had several small pulmonary embolisms after a hysterectomy, and as it turns out, she has a few different clotting disorders.

I don't have to do anything special right now while TTC, but I may have to take a baby aspirin during pregnancy. I've read a lot about it on the Internet. It turn out, like most things, that experts don't all agree about the specific risks and interventions for various types of clotting disorders during pregnancy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I have a genetic clotting disorder and previously had a blood clot while on BCP. I had a preconception consult and the Maternal Fetal Medicine MD that did my consult gave me a handout detailing how things would be handled. 
    The plan for me, personally, is to have an early US (5.5-6 weeks) and once a heartbeat is confirmed I'll be on blood thinner injections 2x/day until delivery and then will be on oral blood thinners until 6 weeks postpartum.
    Other than needing to be seen earlier than my OB usually sees patients things aren't much different for me while TTC. The only real changes are the injections + extra monitoring during pregnancy.
    Good luck at your appointment and I hope you get a good plan figured out.

image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • imagedlbrous:

I have a clotting disorder as well. Mine is very common and has to do with the MTHFR gene. I found out about it after getting tested a couple of years ago. I sought out testing because my mom had several small pulmonary embolisms after a hysterectomy, and as it turns out, she has a few different clotting disorders.

I don't have to do anything special right now while TTC, but I may have to take a baby aspirin during pregnancy. I've read a lot about it on the Internet. It turn out, like most things, that experts don't all agree about the specific risks and interventions for various types of clotting disorders during pregnancy.

I also have the MTHFR mutation, and I met with a hematologist today. DO NOT GOOGLE IT!! He said that they are rarely even testing for it anymore, because alone it doesn't increase your risk for clotting and he recommended no treatment while pregnant. I had a parent with clotting issues too.

BFP #1 3-1-12 EDD 11-11-12 Natural Miscarriage 3-19-12 / BFP #2 6-14-12 EDD 2-24-13 Chemical Pregnancy 6-20-12 / Homozygous a1298c MTHFR / Diagnosed Hypothyroidism (Hashimotos) / BFP #3 8-12-12; EDD 4-25-13 IT'S A GIRL! BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagecurlylocks3:

I have a genetic clotting disorder and previously had a blood clot while on BCP. I had a preconception consult and the Maternal Fetal Medicine MD that did my consult gave me a handout detailing how things would be handled. 
    The plan for me, personally, is to have an early US (5.5-6 weeks) and once a heartbeat is confirmed I'll be on blood thinner injections 2x/day until delivery and then will be on oral blood thinners until 6 weeks postpartum.
    Other than needing to be seen earlier than my OB usually sees patients things aren't much different for me while TTC. The only real changes are the injections + extra monitoring during pregnancy.
    Good luck at your appointment and I hope you get a good plan figured out.

TY my appt was this morning with the MFM and my plan is similar to yours.He told me because of the previous clotting they will give me injections my entire pregnancy and until im 6weeks post.He  is suggesting my midwife send us to an RE asap.He also mentioned Metformin to make me O because he doesnt think I have in the last yr.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"